Posts: 18
Threads: 1
Joined: Jan 2020
I have been thinking about joining you all for a while, glad to finally be here.
I got interested in the Grendel a few years ago, but was really interested in a bolt gun. At that time I was thinking the Ruger American Ranch would have been a great rifle...I guess Ruger does too now. I could not make up my mind which bolt gun I wanted then (CZ, RAP or Howa) so I built an AR instead (my first) and really liked it. So, that made me want a CZ 527 American, loved it! Then when I was considering a Howa , Ruger actually came out with the Ranch gun in Grendel! So I bought the Howa anyway. Go figure huh? I have been loading the cartridge too...really accurate loads possible! So that’s my Grendel story...so far!
Posts: 6,193
Threads: 170
Joined: Mar 2015
Welcome to the horde sir.
Posts: 1,348
Threads: 98
Joined: Jun 2019
Welcome from Georgia.
Chuck
Posts: 6,206
Threads: 50
Joined: Mar 2011
Welcome to the forum AgedWarrior! It’s amazing how Grendels multiply.
Posts: 1,568
Threads: 8
Joined: Sep 2012
Welcome to the clan, AW, from the great nation of Texas! What part of Iowa are you in? So, what are your goals?
Posts: 1,397
Threads: 48
Joined: Jun 2019
Welcome from Florida’s Spacecoast
Posts: 18
Threads: 1
Joined: Jan 2020
VASCAR2 Wrote:Welcome to the forum AgedWarrior! It’s amazing how Grendels multiply.
Hah! Yeah, I am noticing they multiply as fast as my .44 mag revolvers did some years back. And they need fed and cared for too! Loads of fun though!
Posts: 18
Threads: 1
Joined: Jan 2020
just_john Wrote:Welcome to the clan, AW, from the great nation of Texas! What part of Iowa are you in? So, what are your goals?
Currently abiding in NW Iowa (close enough to Minnesota that it feels like it all winter long

), but if all goes well we are moving to west Texas this summer. Goals? Currently I am having a lot of fun with the Grendel in both AR and bolt rifles. Kinda like to keep that up. I hope to do more hunting before I get too old to enjoy it. My Grendel AR is really fun with prairie dogs. Once I leave Iowa (land of straight walled cartridge dementia) I hope to hunt a bit more with the Howa. And I always enjoy loading and developing the best load for any given firearm.
Posts: 18
Threads: 1
Joined: Jan 2020
Thanks to all for the welcome!
Posts: 149
Threads: 14
Joined: Dec 2019
Posts: 38
Threads: 2
Joined: Apr 2018
Welcome from a fellow Iowan!
Posts: 56
Threads: 6
Joined: Dec 2019
Welcome from the PNW. What part of West Texas? That’s where I grew up Big Springs area.
Posts: 1,568
Threads: 8
Joined: Sep 2012
Well! AW, come on down! What part of Paradise are you headed for? There are a lot of inexpensive places to land, once you get west of Ft Worth.
Posts: 18
Threads: 1
Joined: Jan 2020
Moose69 Wrote:Welcome from the PNW. What part of West Texas? That’s where I grew up Big Springs area.
In actuality it is northwest Texas, Littlefield. It is about 35 miles northwest of Lubbock.
Posts: 18
Threads: 1
Joined: Jan 2020
just_john Wrote:Well! AW, come on down! What part of Paradise are you headed for? There are a lot of inexpensive places to land, once you get west of Ft Worth.
Hoping to settle in Littlefield, a bit northwest of Lubbock. Property is quite reasonable...great community.
Posts: 56
Threads: 6
Joined: Dec 2019
Been there a few times . You relocating for work ?
Posts: 18
Threads: 1
Joined: Jan 2020
Moose69 Wrote:Been there a few times . You relocating for work ?
Actually I am retiring. Was looking for a decent smaller town for my wife and I that is not too far from New Mexico where most our family is. Met some good folks down there, and now just getting past winter so as to sell our house here. Nobody sells or buys here in the winter, too much snow and cold. Sorry, I did not see your post till just now...I gotta pay attention I guess.
Posts: 48
Threads: 6
Joined: Sep 2017