Hello all!
#1
New member from N.E. Indiana! I am here to exsplor my options with a 6.5G as a NRA match rifle. I am a competitor in service rifle in both the CMP and NRA, but looking now to build a match rifle.
My daily life consists of being a tool and die maker/ day shift superviser at a race car suspension manufacturer and trying to keep my wife from not melting down over the mess our 6 year old makes.

Aaron
Reply
#2
Welcome to the horde sir.
Reply
#3
Nice to have you with us Aaron.


Chuck
Reply
#4
Welcome from Florida’s Spacecoast
Reply
#5
Welcome Mr Fairlane, You sound young but talented in areas that these days are not pursued much. Congrats You wil like it here.
Reply
#6
Welcome to the forum 55fairlane!


I have a Shilen 20” DCM Match barrel from Midway USA. I have been very pleased with this barrels accuracy. I bought this barrel in about 2012-13 and it is up to the task for a match rifle. The barrel is not threaded and is 1:9 twist. I’m not sure Lilja has a barrel with the right length and contour to meet the Match regs. Another option might be Criterion, Bartlein, Douglas or Precision Firearms.

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1003479633?pid=833900
Reply
#7
okiecat Wrote:Welcome Mr Fairlane, You sound young but talented in areas that these days are not pursued much. Congrats You wil like it here.

Young? Oh thank you so very much....I turn 51 this year!

Aaron
Reply
#8
Welcome
Reply
#9
Welcome from the PNW
Reply
#10
55fairlane,
if you can dope the wind well, it will shoot fine to 600. wind is the nemesis of all LR shooters though. since known distance and you can dial your sights, consider maybe a 1:7.5 or 1:7 twist so you can shoot the 140 - 150+ match bullets. and keep the gyro >2.0. that will have less wind drift than the 120-130gr. match bullets. will have less recoil than a 7.62x51 of course and more than the 5.56x45. and a whole lot less wind drift than the 5.56x45. with the heavier match bullets in 6.5 you might end up with even less wind drift than the 7.62x51. with the normal 1:8 about 130gr. match bullets is where your gyro starts to dip below 2.0. welcome to the horde.
-tdbru.
Reply
#11
Welcome to the clan, 55f, from the great nation of Texas! Enjoy the mess your young'en makes, indicates a really active mind, now to channel that mental energy.
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)