New guy saying ?Hi?
#1
Just thought I?d greet you guys and say I look forward to visiting, chatting, mainly learning from the wisdom you guys can share.
Just for starters I?ll mention in some detail what rifle I have-

AR-15 platform
18” 6.5 Grendel SS barrel from Palmetto State-
15” FF mlok rail
Precision Armament M42 brake
PSA nickel boron 2 stage trigger
Lower is a mil spec (nothing to mention)
B5 bravo stock
Vortex Diamondback 3x9

I originally built this for my 9 yr old son the deer hunt with and quickly realized how much fun it was to shoot. I’m seriously considering to start reloading and stretching the distance a bit within my working space (maybe out to 550 yds= my longest shooting lane possible on my hunting land)

Anyway- I hope you all are having a great New Years Day!!
Reply
#2
Welcome from Florida’s Spacecoast
Reply
#3
Welcome to the horde sir.
Reply
#4
Happy New Year and welcome!
Reply
#5
Happy New Year Gordo!

Nice to have you with us.

What do you like to hunt?

Chuck
Reply
#6
Thanks
Reply
#7
CJW Wrote:Happy New Year Gordo!

Nice to have you with us.

What do you like to hunt?

Chuck

As of the last few years whitetail deer, used to do a lot of waterfowl hunting in Tennessee, Arkansas, Mississippi and Oklahoma. I was pretty good with a shotgun at one time, lol!

I?ll be trying to put some predators down on my hunting land soon-yotes and bobcats are showing up on trail cams on the regular.
Reply
#8
Welcome to the clan, GT13, from the great nation of Texas! You are off to a good start! But, what kind of Grendel are you gonna build do you have in mind for your young'un now?
Reply
#9
Welcome to the forum GordoT13!
Reply
#10
just_john Wrote:Welcome to the clan, GT13, from the great nation of Texas! You are off to a good start! But, what kind of Grendel are you gonna build do you have in mind for your young'un now?

The next build will be for me. I?ll spend more on components once I figure more out.
I can say it will most likely be an AR platform with Vortex glass, - that?s about it so far. If you have recommendations please feel free to share. Thanks!
Reply
#11
The guys on this forum are very good at helping you spend your money. The key is get a good barrel and trigger as they are the most important components.
Reply
#12
VASCAR2 Wrote:The guys on this forum are very good at helping you spend your money. The key is get a good barrel and trigger as they are the most important components.
I am starting to see that from what everyone says.
Reply
#13
Welcome GordoT13!
be careful. these darn ARs are so much fun to tinker with that you may end up with more than you would imagine. or several uppers anyway. I picked up a BCA before I was "educated" but it has turned out well so far. no regrets yet.
-tdbru
Reply
#14
Welcome from the PNW and good luck on the predator hunting one of my favorite pastimes. Got a caller yet?
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)