Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Both of My Grendels are having a good season.
#1
Both my Grendel’s have a good start to the season. A couple of weeks ago my Grandson got his first buck with the 20” Lilja barreled AR. Last week with my 16” Lilja AR I took a 100 lb doe on Thursday and on Sunday morning I connected with a 200lb 8pt in a hardwood bottom across a small branch water with about 10ft deep sides and about 1/3 of a mile from my truck. This guy had stopped and was working one of his scrapes when I got him.
The 8pt turned into a bit of work but I had brought along a couple of double blocks and 200ft of rope so getting him across the branch by myself was not too bad. Doesn’t hurt to have some ground tackle and a 4 wheeler to ease some of the work. Both were shot using the 123gr SST and 27.7grs of AR Comp.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]15119[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]15118[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]15117[/ATTACH]


Attached Files Thumbnail(s)
           
Reply
#2
Way to go B1960.. CONGRATULATIONS
Reply
#3
Congrats sir.
Reply
#4
Congrats, and glad you had the right tools for the job! Smart.
:: 6.5 GRENDEL Deer and Targets :: 6mmARC Targets and Varmints and Deer :: 22 ARC Varmints and Targets

:: I Drank the Water :: Revelation 21:6 ::
Reply
#5
Congrats on the deer .
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)