Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Recovered 100gr TTSX from Whitetail doe
#1
[ATTACH=CONFIG]15027[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]15028[/ATTACH]

Past through the chest cavity breaking one rib and leaving the heart and lungs in rough shape, continued into front leg where the bone shattered but stopped the bullet. Approximately 20 yards leaving my barrel at 2700 fps. Ran maybe 15 yards before the broken leg buckled and expired quickly after.

only questin is how much does that blue tip weigh? Greater than 99% retention as it is.


Attached Files Thumbnail(s)
       
Reply
#2
Congrats on the kill sir.

If I had to quess I would put the tip in the 5 to 10 grain range weight wise.
Reply
#3
Great post LR!

What powder were you using
Reply
#4
Now that is a pretty recovered bullet!
Reply
#5
Great info and capture! I'm trying these 100 grainers in a couple of my Grrs, and couple other calibers.
Have not taken them into the field yet, however.
"Down the floor, out the door, Go Brandon Go!!!!!"
Reply
#6
Congrats on the doe your recovered bullet looks like the one I found 2 years ago when I shot a buck with my 7x08 encore , love these bullets .
Reply
#7
CJW Wrote:Great post LR!

What powder were you using

IMR 8208 XBR 30.0gr I went all in for velocity as this was my first year with the Grendel as well as LFP's and was concerned about the pill opening up. I think for next year I am going to back the charge down a little and concentrate on finding a good accuracy node.
Reply
#8
Good recovery and info!
Kill a hog. Save the planet.
My videos - https://www.youtube.com/user/HornHillRange
Reply
#9
That scale tho.... ��
Reply
#10
I brought them to work. Cool
Reply
#11
Labrat198 Wrote:I brought them to work. Cool

Those can ?go bad ? and I?ll give you an address to ship the wore out scales to
Reply
#12
Labrat198 Wrote:IMR 8208 XBR 30.0gr I went all in for velocity as this was my first year with the Grendel as well as LFP's and was concerned about the pill opening up. I think for next year I am going to back the charge down a little and concentrate on finding a good accuracy node.

Nice work Labrat. What barrel are you using? Work up through a ladder but you may have a node higher. For my 16” AA, my accuracy node is at 30.4 gns XBR, which gives me avg. 2758 FPS.
Reply
#13
[ATTACH=CONFIG]15039[/ATTACH]

Three deer taken with three bullets recovered. My buddy has one bullet recovered. I have been impressed with the Barnes 100 TTSX. It has worked so well I haven't tried anything else on deer. The bullet on the left was an eight point quartering away at 75-100 yards. Hit the ribs going in and made it looked like I shot it with a muzzleloader. It took out top of the heart. He went 60 yards so how before he went down. Bullet went through to his opposite shoulder and got stuck in his hide. The other two were doe running together straight at me. One dropped immediately. The other about 75 yards. My buddies bullet is a mirror image of the middle one.


Attached Files Thumbnail(s)
   
Reply
#14
nice sized mushroom
Reply
#15
Labrat198 Wrote:[ATTACH=CONFIG]15027[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]15028[/ATTACH]

Past through the chest cavity breaking one rib and leaving the heart and lungs in rough shape, continued into front leg where the bone shattered but stopped the bullet. Approximately 20 yards leaving my barrel at 2700 fps. Ran maybe 15 yards before the broken leg buckled and expired quickly after.

only questin is how much does that blue tip weigh? Greater than 99% retention as it is.

What length bbl? Congrats on the harvest.
Reply
#16
Using a 18" group buy.

TexKitch: I did ladders up to 30.4gr with XBR but felt I was pushing things further than I felt comfortable with.
Reply
#17
That's impressive, thanks for the post. Great info.
Reply
#18
Jake TN Wrote:[ATTACH=CONFIG]15039[/ATTACH]

Three deer taken with three bullets recovered. My buddy has one bullet recovered. I have been impressed with the Barnes 100 TTSX. It has worked so well I haven't tried anything else on deer. The bullet on the left was an eight point quartering away at 75-100 yards. Hit the ribs going in and made it looked like I shot it with a muzzleloader. It took out top of the heart. He went 60 yards so how before he went down. Bullet went through to his opposite shoulder and got stuck in his hide. The other two were doe running together straight at me. One dropped immediately. The other about 75 yards. My buddies bullet is a mirror image of the middle one.

What are we looking at with the three recovered bullets above? All 100gr TTSX?
NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)