Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Kansas Whitetail Buck
#1
Today was opening day of Kansas firearms deer season. About 5:05 pm I caught movement out of the corner of my left eye and I could see this guy about 40 yards through some brush. His body came into an opening and I put the cross hairs just behind the right shoulder and squeezed a shot off. He ran about 60 yards and turned broad side and I fired a second shot and he went down.

I was shooting a hand loaded 100gr Barnes TTSX. Both entry wounds were within an inch of each other and the first shot exit wound took out a rib on the opposite side and the 2nd one took out the left front shoulder. I am certain the first shot would have been lethal by itself, but it was getting dark and I did not want to have to track him.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]15030[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]15031[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]15032[/ATTACH]


Attached Files Thumbnail(s)
           
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Guns kill people the same way forks make people fat.
Reply
#2
Nice! Well done!
Reply
#3
Congrats on the buck .
Reply
#4
Very nice deer.......

Congratulations
Reply
#5
Congrats sir.
Reply
#6
Congrats on a very nice buck
Reply
#7
Well done
Reply
#8
Nice job and good shooting
Reply
#9
Nick buck and good shooting.
Reply
#10
Well done. Nice buck.
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)