11-27-2019, 03:54 AM
Well, this is one of those shots for which I think I got very lucky. I had a limited visibility shot at the hog's head and tried to put the shot in the ear and missed the skull by a tiny margin. This resulted in a "behind the ear" shot that so many people love, but I really don't like because if you don't hit skull or spine, then you have nothing but non-vital located there. Bringing down the hog with that shot means hoping that the hydraulic or hydrostatic shocks will damage nearby CNS structures sufficiently. In this case, the bullet hit nothing but soft tissue, having missed the skull and passing above the spine, but fortunately, the hog went right down.
The CRD loaded Hornady ELD-M 130 gr. bullet opened within 2" and promptly came apart, creating two separate exit wounds.
[video=youtube_share;5UYphIUeY2w]https://youtu.be/5UYphIUeY2w [/video]
The CRD loaded Hornady ELD-M 130 gr. bullet opened within 2" and promptly came apart, creating two separate exit wounds.
[video=youtube_share;5UYphIUeY2w]https://youtu.be/5UYphIUeY2w [/video]
Kill a hog. Save the planet.
My videos - https://www.youtube.com/user/HornHillRange
My videos - https://www.youtube.com/user/HornHillRange

