Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Ppu ammo
#1
I just received an E-mail from "Sam" in SGammo sales. He said he had two pallets of PPP soft point 6.5 Grendel coming in the next two weeks. He didn't have affirm price but he thought it would be close to old price. He also mentioned a Hornady 123gn AG 200 round can at $.70 a round. .
Reply
#2
Waiting patiently for the ppu ammo.
Reply
#3
Checking out the SGAmmo website, if the new PPU is the same price as the old PPU, what is the benefit over buying Hornady American Gunner? Is the brass better for reloading?
Reply
#4
phishfood Wrote:Checking out the SGAmmo website, if the new PPU is the same price as the old PPU, what is the benefit over buying Hornady American Gunner? Is the brass better for reloading?

If I had to guess the bullet in the PPU would be better for deer hunting then the 123 hpbt in the hornady gunner ammo.
Reply
#5
The sales person who e-mailed me said the same thing. HE's expecting the two pallets to last two weeks. It is the soft point load. https://www.ppu-usa.com/ppu/standard-rifle-ammunition/
Reply
#6
When Wolf first imported Wolf Gold in 6.5 Grendel it used a 123 grain (IIRC) soft point bullet. I bought a few boxes of that ammo and the bullet and brass were pretty poor. The bullet left a lot of fouling in the bore and the brass not very good for reloading with large rifle primer. Buffmam Range youtube channel recently tested newly released PPU 6.5 Grendel ammo with 120 grain MPT/BTHP and 110 grain FMJ. The new brass cases use small rifle primers. On outward appearance this is basically the same load but hopefully in better brass cases.

I hope PPU is using a higher quality soft point bullet. Several users hunted deer with the Wolf 120 grain MPT (Multi Purpose Tactical) ammo with good results.
Reply
#7
Last time around the original PPU soft-point with exposed lead tip got chewed up on the feed ramps. I'm a little concerned going in, here....

Personally, am more excited about the rumored 110gr FMJ.
:: 6.5 GRENDEL Deer and Targets :: 6mmARC Targets and Varmints and Deer :: 22 ARC Varmints and Targets

:: I Drank the Water :: Revelation 21:6 ::
Reply
#8
A5BLASTER Wrote:If I had to guess the bullet in the PPU would be better for deer hunting then the 123 hpbt in the hornady gunner ammo.

The AG HPBT does a great job on deer.
Reply
#9
oyster Wrote:The AG HPBT does a great job on deer.

No way am I shooting a deer with that bullet.
Reply
#10
You'd be surprised how fast they (deer) drop. Over on the hunting page a guy just used them for Mule Deer.
Reply
#11
oyster Wrote:You'd be surprised how fast they (deer) drop. Over on the hunting page a guy just used them for Mule Deer.

I would be surprised if anyone would admit to how many deer they lose when shooting them with that bullet.

I'm a cns shooter I like them to drop in their tracks and I'm still not going to shoot a deer with that bullet.
Reply
#12
in stock @ 14.95

https://www.sgammo.com/product/prvi-part...ammo-pp631
Reply
#13
That's triple the price it used to be but still the least expensive non steel case ive seen.
Reply
#14
Same price as the Hornady AG, at least it looks to be to me.
Reply
#15
I'll order some just to have anew source of ammo.
Reply
#16
Yea.I'm in. 2 boxes worth! Rolleyes No heavy investment until I see the results. I still have 8 boxes of Wolf Steel case collecting dust! (the boxes are falling apart just sitting). These might be the best thing since sliced bread and no one will have them in stock again but I hate buying a lot of rounds without knowing how they shoot in a given gun.
At least I'll have 40 to try! Cool
Reply
#17
I just ordered 5 box's.
Reply
#18
A5BLASTER Wrote:If I had to guess the bullet in the PPU would be better for deer hunting then the 123 hpbt in the hornady gunner ammo.

Whats the difference in the bullets besides the weight? Anyone cut one(PPU) in half to check out the inside?
Reply
#19
I received my in stock notice less than 24 hrs ago. I doubt if anyone has received any yet. From the pictures the 120gr looks like a typical hppt.
Reply
#20
oyster Wrote:Whats the difference in the bullets besides the weight? Anyone cut one(PPU) in half to check out the inside?


Looks like it's just 3 grains of bullet weight.

I bought some just to test with and have anouther plinking ammo choice and going to see how the brass holds up to reloading.

I could see useing this bullet on hogs and varmints but I'm not going to ever shoot a deer with it.
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)