Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Buck in Rocksprings Texas
#1
Harvested this guy on November 16th.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]14960[/ATTACH]

8pt, 165lb Whitetail
Shot Distance: 205yd
Rifle: AR-15, 12.5" Ballistics advantage barrel, SBR, 6.5 Grendel w/ AAC SDN-6 suppressor
Bullet: (Handloads) 100gr Barnes TTSX, Benchmark powder, CCI 450's, Starline Brass

[Edit]
I forgot to add that the exit wound was about quarter-size, and jellied the heart and lungs. He ran about 25yds and collapsed to a very quick death.


Attached Files Thumbnail(s)
   
Reply
#2
Congrats sir.
Reply
#3
A5BLASTER Wrote:Congrats sir.

Thanks!
Reply
#4
Very nice buck Mark

Chuck
Reply
#5
CJW Wrote:Very nice buck Mark

Chuck

Thanks Chuck. I normally don't get mounts of my deer, but I dropped him off at the taxidermist this afternoon.

I was actually wanting to get an axis doe. A good-sized one had just walked into the feeder pen when the feeder went off and scared her away, then that buck strolled up. Both she and I got lucky that day. Him, not so much.
Reply
#6
Great buck.
Reply
#7
Good one!
Reply
#8
Nice buck! Congrats! What is the spread/width on that rack?
Reply
#9
Nice buck
Reply
#10
wideglidejoe Wrote:Nice buck! Congrats! What is the spread/width on that rack?

I didn't have a tape measure with me at the time, and I dropped it off at the taxidermist before I could measure it. However, before I shot it, I think I estimated the max spread to be 22"-24" using the FFP MOA hash marks on my scope.
Reply
#11
Very good buck in that area of Texas, or about anywhere. Congrats.

Your target animal that morning is some of the best eating you can find. Love some axis venison
Reply
#12
kmon Wrote:Very good buck in that area of Texas, or about anywhere. Congrats.

Your target animal that morning is some of the best eating you can find. Love some axis venison

I couldn't agree more.
Reply
#13
Great buck , congratulations
Reply
#14
Nice buck! Congrats!
Reply
#15
The buck is a beauty, and so is your rifle. What kind of velocity do you get with that load? Apparently, very sufficient. Congrats.
Reply
#16
Very Nice!!!!
I thought about selling my weapons back to the government, but after a thorough background check it was determined that the buyer has a long history of violence and is mentally unstable. Therefore could not pass NICS.
Reply
#17
Congrats on a nice Buck man!

Your rifle set-up is pretty slick as well.

What speed are you getting with the 100gr TTSX?
NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com
Reply
#18
Thanks! I'm getting 2426 fps using 29.4gn of Benchmark.

This is the most accurate load in my rifle. It is consistently less than .5 MOA at 100 yds which is pretty darn good for a 12.5" barrel and a mediocre shooter behind the trigger.
Reply
#19
Very nice! And there is some fugger on another forum posting that the Grr is incapable of killing deer past 200yds! Clueless fug! That is a dandy buck!
Reply
#20
Javman Wrote:Very nice! And there is some fugger on another forum posting that the Grr is incapable of killing deer past 200yds! Clueless fug! That is a dandy buck!

Yea people have been saying that seen the day grendel was born.

They weren't correct then and they ain't correct now.

The funniest one I ever heard was a guy shooting 300 slowout at the local range trying to tell me his 10 inch pistol was more capable of kills at 500 yards then my 16 inch grendel.

Me and two friends (They shot 6.8, but aren't spc nazi's) just kind of looked at each other. Like is this mall ninja for real.
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)