10-12-2019, 01:31 PM
Assembled gun, waiting for some glass which is on backorder (story of my life with everything lately). Got two boxes of Hornady Black, 200 rounds of new brass, 400 Speer 120gr Gold Dots ($20 rebate...I've already indicated I'm cheap), and a couple of powders to start with. Since our first taste of winter has arrived early (yesterday), it's time to break out the reloading bench and start on some other projects until my scope shows. I'm hip deep in brass and need to work up loads for a lot of different things. Will be a busy winter. But I'm most excited about getting something to work in the 6.5 Grendel.
Not a big dollar AR, but an opportunity to put another one together for cheap that was a bit different. Palmetto lower with their upgraded trigger under a Bear Creek stainless 20" upper. They say the upper will hold under MOA, so we will see.
Big time reloader. Started on the bench at 14 because even though Dad liked to reload, he hated working up a load. I kind of liked it. But it was easier on the farm when you could load something up and test it scant minutes between bench and range. Was given a .30-06 for my 15th birthday and only ever shot one box of factory ammo through it (to get the brass), then went to a gun show and bought up a nice stash of brass for it. Dad passed away 3 years ago and I inherited some of his guns and his reloading gear (and reclaimed mine). I'd stepped away from shooting after getting married, but returned a few years ago after my divorce. The kids are in their 20s, and I've got a little time to mess with things again. Have a range in town that recently opened a 100 meter underground rifle range in addition to the handgun range. Making weekly visits to get my skills back up to where I was in my long past college years. Getting there, but it's not "natural" yet.
And that is my basic story. There is some great stuff on the site. Always appreciate this kind of a resource.
Not a big dollar AR, but an opportunity to put another one together for cheap that was a bit different. Palmetto lower with their upgraded trigger under a Bear Creek stainless 20" upper. They say the upper will hold under MOA, so we will see.
Big time reloader. Started on the bench at 14 because even though Dad liked to reload, he hated working up a load. I kind of liked it. But it was easier on the farm when you could load something up and test it scant minutes between bench and range. Was given a .30-06 for my 15th birthday and only ever shot one box of factory ammo through it (to get the brass), then went to a gun show and bought up a nice stash of brass for it. Dad passed away 3 years ago and I inherited some of his guns and his reloading gear (and reclaimed mine). I'd stepped away from shooting after getting married, but returned a few years ago after my divorce. The kids are in their 20s, and I've got a little time to mess with things again. Have a range in town that recently opened a 100 meter underground rifle range in addition to the handgun range. Making weekly visits to get my skills back up to where I was in my long past college years. Getting there, but it's not "natural" yet.
And that is my basic story. There is some great stuff on the site. Always appreciate this kind of a resource.

