Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Zastava 6.5 rifle
#1
I guess this means no PPU Grendel ammo. https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2019...ult-rifle/
Reply
#2
Speculation was Prvi Partizan (PPU) was going to release new 6.5 Grendel ammo in the US after testing with new Serbian 6.5 mm cartridge. Time will tell if the 6.5 mm Serbian military ammo will be compatible with 6.5 Grendel firearms in the US. I find it interesting that the information on the 6.5 Grendel cartridge on Wikipedia list the case length at 38.7 mm, same as linked in the TFB report.

There is a thread on an AK forum discussing the Vepr 6.5 Grendel and soon to be released 6.5 Grendel magazines. Those interested in a AK variant in 6.5 Grendel might be interested in the link below.


http://www.akfiles.com/forums/showthread...40&page=13
Reply
#3
I don't think that rifle means anything really. PPU already went on the record saying the grendel ammo would be back online this year and already sent some out to be tested on vid.
Reply
#4
VASCAR2 Wrote:I find it interesting that the information on the 6.5 Grendel cartridge on Wikipedia list the case length at 38.7 mm, same as linked in the TFB report.
Wiki is a little off. SAAMI spec for 6.5 Grendel case length is 1.52 in = 38.6 mm.


[Image: 65-grendel-diagram.jpg?w=584]
Reply
#5
I should of known not to use Wikipedia but I had previously noticed the case length was not 39 mm. The last I read PPU had developed a couple of full metal jacket bullets for the 6.5 cartridge. They listed the 110 grain FMJ and another bullet but I don’t remember the weight.
Reply
#6
VASCAR2 Wrote:I should of known not to use Wikipedia but I had previously noticed the case length was not 39 mm. The last I read PPU had developed a couple of full metal jacket bullets for the 6.5 cartridge. They listed the 110 grain FMJ and another bullet but I don’t remember the weight.

I would have to research the vid but I belive it was 110 and 120 grain weights.
Reply
#7
The 120gr was HPBT. In addition to the commercial 110gr FMJ, Prvi developed (at least) two military FMJ loads. http://www.65grendel.com/forum/showthrea...post172950
Reply
#8
Are the PPU bullets undersized like the Wolf is ?
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)