07-22-2019, 11:35 PM
Glad to hear that you like your Radical Arms...I always heard they were crap, but then again a lot of people on here dislike BCA and I cannot complain about BCA for a $50 barrel.
|
Radical arms 20" upper range report
|
|
07-22-2019, 11:35 PM
Glad to hear that you like your Radical Arms...I always heard they were crap, but then again a lot of people on here dislike BCA and I cannot complain about BCA for a $50 barrel.
07-22-2019, 11:55 PM
That's some good shooting!
07-23-2019, 05:19 AM
Thanks for all the comments, will see if I go out this weekend and try the 500+yd shots using windage adjustments. (Taking my ATN rangefinder and the ballistic app that I have played around with but never used it to give me the adjustments ).
The target is a 16x14 sheet of regular dollar store fluorescent green card stock, they sell it in biggo sheets that I just fold into fourths and cut. I use packing clear tape, also from dollar store and tape up one side. I spray paint the tape side with flat black and use a piece of tape as my bulls eye. Its a very cheap way to make shoot-n-see targets. Youtube has a bunch of tutorials https://youtu.be/A94GkIlxBJw
Lots of guys are quick to put down the budget barrels,because thy can afford a custom.Or because they read that someone had a problem with a budget build.But,I know an older fella from my gun club who is on a fixed income.
He’s the one who introduced to PSA,BCA and places that build budget uppers.This guy can shoot very small groups w/his BCA 224 Valkyrie barrel.Can’t wait to see what he does w/the 22” SS 6.5 Grendel BCA barrel I took off my upper last week. He owns a Psa lower w/Giesselee National Match trigger which he swaps from upper to upper.Has an SFWA fixed power scope.And he reloads. I talk to him every time I see him a the gun club.He proves my dad’s theory to be correct. “It’s not the rifle,it’s the man behind the rifle”. Me,I still like the Criterion pre fit and the Bartlien custom barrels.I don’t have the time and patience to work with a BCA barrel.I like getting sub moa out the box.
08-08-2019, 03:40 PM
lazyengineer Wrote:I all honesty, this is pretty consistent with my own results. I'm finding 6.5 Grendel difficult to get the tight sub MOA groups that we see people posting. In my case 1.5 - 2 MOA is about the norm with at least 3 guns I've tried; and a broad spectrum of ammo. For ammo it doesn't like, it can open up to 3 MOA quickly. I'll likely start a new thread on some load development work I'm doing, to share and for input. But in your case, if your gun is getting sub 2 MOA - in my limited experience, that's not bad. Lazy, I am having the same experience. Mine is a 20 inch Aero. Their barrels are made by Ballistic Advantage who I consider to be of pretty good quality. It shoots just about everything pretty well but so far the best accuracy I?ve gotten is from 120 gr Federal Fusion. It shot roughly 1.25-1.5 MOA.
08-08-2019, 06:28 PM
Any barrel by any barrel maker has the potential of being a lights out shooter.The odds are much better with the higher priced quality barrel of course.
I have a radical arms 22” 224 Valkyrie 7twist barrel that shoots sub moa w/90g sierra MK and keeps up w/my Criterion 22” 224 valkyrie 6.5twist barrel. Only thing,the Criterion sweetened up within 50 rds.I had to really work w/ the Radical arms to get it to do sub moa.(probably 500rds)If you add the cost of the ammo and your time,you’ll realize that it is more cost effective to get a custom barrel from the start.My Bartlien anf Kriegers usually do sub within the first 10 rds! |
|
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »
|