Howa 20 heavy barrel end of muzzle diameter size needed
#1
Hello , can anyone help me out with the diameter size pls ? With the protector installed . thanks in advance
Reply
#2
0.725" In other words just under a light Palma contour at the muzzle.
Reply
#3
Trying to find muzzle brake that has same diameter for blended look and my local dealer that has my action is about 35miles away lol . I appreciate taking your time off to help a fella out ! Thank you
Reply
#4
Roger that. I went with a VG6 Gamma 300 Blackout Brake on my 20" Howa HB Grendel. At less than 2" OAL and designed for AR15 nominal .750" heavy barrels. It 's bit bigger than your barrel, but not so out sized that it looks silly. And in case your wondering, a 30 Cal brake works just fine on a 6.5mm bore rifle. Degradation in recoil brake overall effectiveness is less than 3%, which means you'll notice nothing in the light kicking Grendel vs a real 6.5 bore brake.

https://www.vg6precision.com/vg6-gamma-300blk

You can find them all over E-bay for under $65. shipped.
Reply
#5
I appreciate the info ! I was thinking gamma myself in 6.5.creedmoor . ill do some homework on the differences and cherry pick one .
Reply
#6
You might call Mark at PF he might beable to profile the brake he makes too have a blended fit.
Reply
#7
Have been using the VG6 Gamma brakes on several of my Grendels and ARs.
Reply
#8
For some late night reading about how well a .308 brake works a 6.5 Creedmoor.

https://info.americanprecisionarms.com/b...-creedmoor

The corollary being a short 300 Blackout brake will as work equally as well as a dedicated long 6.5 brake.

Putting it's short brake theory into practice, APA has come up with this short brake design. Which I didn't know about till tonight.

https://www.americanprecisionarms.com/co...-c-h-o-d-e
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)