07-11-2019, 04:24 PM
Thanks I will look at larue uu kit any suggestion on options.
|
20" upper vs 18" upper
|
|
07-11-2019, 04:24 PM
Thanks I will look at larue uu kit any suggestion on options.
07-11-2019, 05:12 PM
With the Larue Grendel, the only options are strictly cosmetic (handguard length, color,etc). The only barrel option is 18".
I'm also a very happy owner of a Larue UU Grendel. The local groundhog population is not nearly as enthused with the rifle
07-11-2019, 05:33 PM
The only issue with the Larue is weight. They need to wake up to 2019 and cut off 2Lbs.
07-11-2019, 09:42 PM
Never once have I thought of my LaRue as "heavy".
Cutting two pounds from an upper would forcefully enter you into new territory of inflationary material and machining costs. Sometimes I wonder if the internet is a bad thing. Guys look through possible purchases, spending time obsessing over feature comparison lists. Here are a few things I have thought while shooting my LaRue: "Wow. This thing is solid." "This rifle's got more thought behind it than just making parts and putting them together." "This is easy. So much so, it's boring." - Shooting steel out to 800 "This thing just eats whatever I throw at it." - Looking at many times fired and abused brass casings in a neat pile to my right. "This is the nicest AR I've ever seen. Well, maybe that JP a few years back..." "I wish my BCM cycled this smoothly." "I can't believe this doesn't have a SCS in it..."
Nothing kills the incentive of men faster than a healthy sense of entitlement. Nothing kills entitlement faster than a healthy sense of achievement.
07-11-2019, 09:53 PM
I have a lower that's on my 300 blackout that I would use could I purchase just the upper in the Larur uu kit and not have all the other option.
07-11-2019, 10:16 PM
Briano23 Wrote:I have a lower that's on my 300 blackout that I would use could I purchase just the upper in the Larur uu kit and not have all the other option. Probably, call em and ask
07-11-2019, 10:46 PM
Briano23 Wrote:The range I belong to sponsors AR MATCHES and I like to try the 6.5 for that as well as hunting. What type AR MATCHES? Prone Very Long Range, many shots - Over weight barrel are positive (Extra 2 lbs in a barrel is good) Mix Prone, standing, kneeling - Medium and lighter barrels are better What type of Hunting? Varminting - Over weight barrel are positive (Extra 2 lbs in a barrel is good) Medium Game Blinds - Over weight barrel are OK and Lighter barrel are OK Medium Game Mountain - Lighter barrel are positive
07-11-2019, 11:16 PM
The matches are cenrefire no specific type prone, barricade, sitting and standing range 50 to 500 yards.
Hunting Varmint, deer and hogs.
07-12-2019, 01:08 AM
Kswhitetails Wrote:Never once have I thought of my LaRue as "heavy".I say the same exact things about my Precision Firearms guns.
Knowing everthing isnt as important as knowing where to find it.
Mark Twain http://www.65grendel.com/forum/showthrea...-Whitetail
07-12-2019, 10:54 AM
Jimla Wrote:I was between AT3Tactical and Grendelhunter, I ask both companies about there accuracy guarantees and AT3Tactical was the clear winner. To each his own, for me though, a guy or company that tells me honestly how he feels and his standards up front is a guy I can trust and am happy to do business with.
"Wild flower, growin' thru the cracks in the street" - Problem Child by Little Big Town
07-13-2019, 12:12 AM
41bear Wrote:To each his own, for me though, a guy or company that tells me honestly how he feels and his standards up front is a guy I can trust and am happy to do business with. This was my thoughts, he says he'll make it right is better than an accuracy guarantee. I did buy an upper (and parts) from him (so I am biased), and I realize it does not come with an expensive barrel. I added up the cost, and it was almost a free barrel; figured worst case I'll spend the money on a barrel if I ain't happy.
07-13-2019, 07:40 AM
andrewtac Wrote:This was my thoughts, he says he'll make it right is better than an accuracy guarantee. I did buy an upper (and parts) from him (so I am biased), and I realize it does not come with an expensive barrel. I added up the cost, and it was almost a free barrel; figured worst case I'll spend the money on a barrel if I ain't happy. Both companies did not have MOA guarantee and both had the "make it right" like statements. So this was the same in both cases. The differences that made me chose one over the other: One Company focused on fixing any accuracy and reliability problems customer runs into while the other made a comment blaming his customers for most returns. One company was explaining the accuracy expectations clearly with the customer and the other was vary vague "If there's a problem" that could mean anything.(1.5 MOA, 2 MOA, 2.5MOA, all we know for sure is it not 1 MOA )
07-13-2019, 04:18 PM
Gotcha makes sense, and I see that now.
07-14-2019, 12:56 AM
Any more thoughts on the Larue uu kit personally I don't care for the trigger.
07-14-2019, 04:24 AM
Briano23 Wrote:Any more thoughts on the Larue uu kit personally I don't care for the trigger. An upper kit typically doesn’t include a trigger.
Knowing everthing isnt as important as knowing where to find it.
Mark Twain http://www.65grendel.com/forum/showthrea...-Whitetail
07-16-2019, 10:43 AM
A review of current 6.5 Grendel uppers, prices and accuracy (out to 400 yds.), that might interest you.
https://www.pewpewtactical.com/best-6-5-grendel-uppers/
"Wild flower, growin' thru the cracks in the street" - Problem Child by Little Big Town
07-17-2019, 07:19 PM
rabiddawg Wrote:An upper kit typically doesn’t include a trigger. Part of the reason LaRue has it together here. The one thing not included to make a complete rifle is the stripped lower. You get every other piece.
Nothing kills the incentive of men faster than a healthy sense of entitlement. Nothing kills entitlement faster than a healthy sense of achievement.
07-19-2019, 10:48 PM
This thread has many first hand reports about LaRue Accuracy. It looks like LaRue also makes quality barrels which could be slightly better than Faxon Match barrels from the real world results in this thread. I like to see real customer accuracy reports, it is easy for a company to hand select the best barrel in a lot and provide special loaner to a reviewer to write articles.
http://www.65grendel.com/forum/showthrea...ight=LaRue
07-20-2019, 05:56 PM
I love the idea of the Larue. However, I just put my $ into an 18 BCA. Some may criticize my choice, but for $175 for a fluted, SS 1:8 5R barrel, upper, mlok handguard, bolt, charging handle and muzzle device I dont think you can go wrong. As long as I can get moa or near it, Ill be happy. If I can only get 3-4 moa after a few hundred rounds, then Ill sell it. But, I think Ill do ok.
07-20-2019, 06:25 PM
Glockpride Wrote:I love the idea of the Larue. However, I just put my $ into an 18” BCA. Some may criticize my choice, but for $175 for a fluted, SS 1:8 5R barrel, upper, mlok handguard, bolt, charging handle and muzzle device I don’t think you can go wrong. As long as I can get moa or near it, I’ll be happy. If I can only get 3-4 moa after a few hundred rounds, then I’ll sell it. But, I think I’ll do ok. Might just start saving for a new barrel for it. Run it for a while and change it out. |
|
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »
|