Posts: 2
Threads: 1
Joined: Jun 2019
Well as I said above Im wanting to use my m4 upper primarily with the irons. Specifically the F marked fsb and m4 detachable carry handle. I know that the sights are calibrated for 5.56 and they have charts to use based on what load you are using. What would I need to do to make a new chart for A2 sights for use with only Wolf 6.5?
Posts: 6,193
Threads: 170
Joined: Mar 2015
Not to sound rude but did you even try too sight them in?
I have a set of flip up irons on my 16 inch. Sight in at 25 yards with the wolf and your good too go.
Posts: 2
Threads: 1
Joined: Jun 2019
I should have stated that lol. I used the same method I do with my other fixed sight junk for sight in.Its an ribz that gives me the 100 yard zero option on the drum.
Posts: 8,507
Threads: 241
Joined: Sep 2014
Its depends on which detachable carrying handle/rear sight assembly you get.
The detachable carrying handles are limited to 600m elevation, whereas the A2 upper receiver has an 800m elevation wheel.
I would zero at 100yds, then work out your elevation adjustments once you know which increments your particular rear sight elevation drum has (1 MOA vs 1/2 MOA).
Once you know what MOA value your clicks have, you can chronograph your load and work out the table with a ballistic calculator, which will give you click values for each distance.
One thing I do on my M16A2 rear sight elevation drums is mark the increments with a paint pen so I can see them easily.
NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO
CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor
6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:
www.AR15buildbox.com