Posts: 989
Threads: 64
Joined: Feb 2019
07-06-2019, 01:45 AM
(This post was last modified: 07-06-2019, 01:47 AM by Lemonaid.)
I saw this ad in a gun magazine and it is also on the Alexander Arms web site.
https://ontargetmagazine.com/2019/03/kin...t-hammers/
quote"Hornady 123gr Amax ammunition exits the 11-inch barrel at 2,300 fps"
Are members of the horde with 11 inch Grendel barrels getting like results?
Nosler's reloading site has 2484 f.p.s. as the the max velocity with their 123/125 bullets using a 24" barrel.
If you can get 2300 fps out an 11" barrel, that's my next Grendel!
Posts: 415
Threads: 1
Joined: Oct 2018
07-06-2019, 02:28 AM
(This post was last modified: 07-06-2019, 02:54 AM by FRB6.5.)
Sounds closer to 12" velocity. My group buy Monster 12" from the previous batch did 2292 fps AVG with 123gr Hornady Black last week, temps were 97' F and 29.84" pressure @ 1644 feet elevation. FWIW 123gr American Gunner did 2265 fps AVG and American Eagle 120gr SMK 2344 fps during the same shooting session.
EDIT:
They list: Overall Length 27.5 in.(collapsed); 30 in. (extended)
Which are the same measurements as my SBA3 equipped Monster 12" sans A2 flash hider. I call shenanigans on their barrel measurement method.
Posts: 1,918
Threads: 79
Joined: Oct 2016
If an inch makes that much difference to you...
I really love my 12.7. My LaRue is dialed in, and almost never leaves my house. My 12.7 is in a box under the back seat of my truck (okay, this is what I built it for) and has to date dispatched over half a dozen coyotes on pastures around my home. I run 120 SMKs with benchmark running 2230, and never actually worried about how slow that seemed. It just performs.
Nothing kills the incentive of men faster than a healthy sense of entitlement. Nothing kills entitlement faster than a healthy sense of achievement.
Posts: 8,507
Threads: 241
Joined: Sep 2014
My 12" shoots 120gr Federal OTM at least 2400fps avg at the muzzle, suppressed, 2384fps 15ft from the muzzle.
I also noticed that AA gave numbers for the 123gr A-MAX, which is an older lot since Hornady doesn't make or load the 123gr A-MAX anymore.
NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO
CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor
6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:
www.AR15buildbox.com