Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Thoughts on the Magneto Speed V3
#61
Another issue with dropping a round or two is the sensitivity, can this sporter version be tweaked on sensitivity? I don't have it in front of me but my regular version 1 has this under the custom bullet settings, you just have to click thru the choices until you come to the sensitivity, drop it down 2, 3 or 4 notches and you'll pick those drops up. leave the other settings the same.
"Down the floor, out the door, Go Brandon Go!!!!!"
Reply
#62
grayfox Wrote:Another issue with dropping a round or two is the sensitivity, can this sporter version be tweaked on sensitivity? I don't have it in front of me but my regular version 1 has this under the custom bullet settings, you just have to click thru the choices until you come to the sensitivity, drop it down 2, 3 or 4 notches and you'll pick those drops up. leave the other settings the same.

I order one a few days ago, read the online manual. The sporter has three sensitivity levels. Video on how to change settings:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5yeseE5RACE
Reply
#63
Sporter version sensitivity can be changed I keep mine on H1 (High 1)
Reply
#64
Popeye212 Wrote:Sporter version sensitivity can be changed I keep mine on H1 (High 1)

What spacer do you use with your Sporter?
Reply
#65
Thin one on the BA DMR. Thick one on the T/c Compass but I need to order the one for tapered barrels.
Reply
#66
Hello again, its been awhile.
Hey Popeye212, yeah I discovered after reviewing my procedures that I had not properly tightened the under barrel screw, somewhat surprised it worked as well as it did.
I have to get back out and try it again.
Thanks.
Knowledge and understanding leads to Wisdom.
Reply
#67
Popeye212 Wrote:Thin one on the BA DMR. Thick one on the T/c Compass but I need to order the one for tapered barrels.

I took my new Magnetospeed Sporter out to range and it worked great, did not miss recording a single shot out 50. There are no tapered products for the Sporter Model, my rifle had a high spot, to get Magnetospeed Sporter to work properly with my muzzle break, I used folded aluminum foil as a low cost shim to perfectly level the Magnetospeed, worked great.

If you own Sporter or don't want to buy the inserts for the V3, you can make your own custom folded aluminum foil shim for your barrel.

Example of layering below:


------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Reply
#68
I made a couple of small pads out of duct tape to put under the narrow part of the barrel, to level out the bayonet. Lay the rifle out level in a sled and use a straight pc of aluminum cleaning rod lying straight along the bottom of the bore and sticking out, this will give you a parallel guide for leveling your bayo.
"Down the floor, out the door, Go Brandon Go!!!!!"
Reply
#69
A guy at the club whom I associate with from time to time has a sporter.I’ve seen him struggle with it at times.It does not record all the shots and it does not easily work on all his rifle barrels.He had to rig stuff up.He uses air cond duct tape and cardboard to make spacers.
The Sporters price at $179 was attractive to me.The V3 cost me nearly double at $320,after shopping around for nearly a month!Finally got it on sale at Midway.I am happy I got it.
Reply
#70
Just like it was in the nav. Duct tape covereth a multitude of sins..........!
"Down the floor, out the door, Go Brandon Go!!!!!"
Reply
#71
Observations on mine are that I am going to order that soft case and the rod I have been using a brass cleaning rod. Not crazy about sticking anything metal down the front of the bore. One of the these days I will remember to pick up wooden dowel from the Hardware Store (ageing is a cruel beast). Found this on their website.

https://magnetospeed.com/collections/chr...spacer-kit
Reply
#72
I was afraid to use Duct tape, because I thought a very hot barrel may melt the tape and make a mess.
Reply
#73
I don't let the barrel get that hot.
The ones that need this little mod are all bolt action, and I don't do any rapid firing from them.
My AR's are all straight barrel where needed so don't use any duct tape, but I don't do any rapid fire/mag dumps with them either... esp when doing chrono speeds.

The tape is folded onto itself so no sticky parts are outside.
"Down the floor, out the door, Go Brandon Go!!!!!"
Reply
#74
I use the magnetospeed v3 and love it. My only complaint is using it with a full handgaurd doesn’t work very well even with the adapter. My hand guards are too big in diameter so I just remove them to take my readings. For example my 12.5” pistol handgaurd extend all the way to the compensator so there is no room on the barrel to mount the bayonet without removing the guard.
Quote:
Reply
#75
this ^^^ is why I use shorter HG's to give at least 3" of barrel sticking out...
"Down the floor, out the door, Go Brandon Go!!!!!"
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)