Posts: 17
Threads: 4
Joined: Aug 2018
I'm interested to know if anyone is running the the Monster 16/18/20 barrels with an Aero Precision Atlas S-One handguard. I'm struggling to find a 0.750" adjustable gas block that will fit under this handguard. Thanks.
Posts: 1,787
Threads: 49
Joined: Feb 2016
Jp had a pretty low profile adjustable gas block. It was the lowest i saw when searching. It's still too big for a 1.3" id handguard. Have you thought about an adjustable bolt carrier?
Posts: 95
Threads: 7
Joined: Jan 2019
Not sure why these companies keep making skinnier and skinnier handguards with the entire industry moving to adjustable gas systems. This is a dumb problem to keep creating. My ALG handguards are really slim and have fit every adjustable gas block Ive tried, but thats not the question you were asking. Maybe try one of the cheap PSA or ergo low-profile blocks?
Posts: 6,193
Threads: 170
Joined: Mar 2015
I don't run the aero but o run the matrix handguards and they have a ID of 1.3 and I can't find a adjustable gas block that will fit under it.
I'm useing wojteck gas blocks now and I haven't found any adjustable gas block that is smaller and they don't fit under that size handguard either.
Probably best thing is too use a shorter handguard. Or a handguard with a bigger ID.
Posts: 224
Threads: 23
Joined: Oct 2016
I'm partial to SLR adjustable GBs, and have tried everything BUT the SLR handguard, which is supposed to clear... I ended up using Matrix and MI handguards short of the GB...
Posts: 18
Threads: 3
Joined: Feb 2019
Not exactly what you are looking at; but I have an Aero Precision Quantum (15") with the Monster 18" and am using an Odin AGB (it's 1.41"). The AP Quantum is a 2" handguard vs the S-One being 1.5".
Posts: 37
Threads: 3
Joined: Jan 2019
04-30-2019, 01:45 PM
(This post was last modified: 04-30-2019, 01:47 PM by TXCrow.)
the odin agb doesnt fit. I just tried with the 12" s-one and the 12" group buy barrel
I think the seekins micro is my next choice
Posts: 1,787
Threads: 49
Joined: Feb 2016
Why not use an adjustable bolt carrier?
Posts: 224
Threads: 23
Joined: Oct 2016
04-30-2019, 03:05 PM
(This post was last modified: 04-30-2019, 03:18 PM by Schrambo.)
Bigs28 Wrote:Why not use an adjustable bolt carrier?
^^^ This hit me when I saw a sale on Bootleg adjustable carriers... Bought one, but haven't tried it yet...
Posts: 4,287
Threads: 156
Joined: Jan 2017
I have one (a bootleg) NIB that I might sell, may not wind up using it, still thinking...
"Down the floor, out the door, Go Brandon Go!!!!!"
Posts: 17
Threads: 4
Joined: Aug 2018
I purchased a superlative arms adjustable gas block after confirming with Aero Precision that it will fit and after comparing the dimensional drawings for both. Confirmed that the Odin adjustable gas block will not work.
Posts: 79
Threads: 7
Joined: Sep 2018
I have the Superlative arms adjustable on mine and it does fit with the S-one.