Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Recommend me a 20MOA 30mm scope mount with top picattiny
#1
So I still continue building my DMR/Tactical setup.

I need a quality 20MOA stand for 300mm scope tube, but it also must have picattiny rail on top so i can put small red dot there.

Any suggestions?
Reply
#2
300mm that's a huge scope.

Don't think I have ever seen a scope that big.
Reply
#3
You said "any" suggestions. A different suggestion is a 45 degree red dot mount. I like keeping my head down on my stock and turning the rifle vs lifting my head.
Reply
#4
30mm.

well...i was thinking about 45deg... but i have a feeling that there are some situations in which you saw something while in "red dot" mode and then you can vertically shift down for main scope... havent exercised that tbh, but considering it.

ill think again about 45deg. but i'd like to hear suggestions on the first post if possible.
Reply
#5
You won't get any mainstream 30mm scopes with inbuilt Picatinny rails. You need to source rings/mounts that have these.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]14121[/ATTACH]

Or use a 45degree mount on your gun for a micro red dot. Or use 45degree fixed BUIS sights like DUECK. Or a laser.
Reply
#6
Why do you need a 20moa base?
Reply
#7
it will be 800m DMR setup
Reply
#8
Bigs28 Wrote:You said "any" suggestions. A different suggestion is a 45 degree red dot mount. I like keeping my head down on my stock and turning the rifle vs lifting my head.

Seconded, except I have 45° offset iron sights instead of a red dot. I wanted backup sights in case I need to take a quick shot up close (coyotes can be sneaky). It's good fun on the range to transition back and forth.
Reply
#9
Badger Ordnance makes 20 MOA unimounts with a picatiny scope cap.
Reply
#10
R2BRO Wrote:So I still continue building my DMR/Tactical setup.

I need a quality 20MOA stand for 300mm scope tube, but it also must have picattiny rail on top so i can put small red dot there.

Any suggestions?

Which red dot? I was looking at this today. They have one for Vortex and Burris red dots as well.

https://www.larue.com/products/aimpoint-...unt-lt787/
Reply
#11
Zeus Wrote:Why do you need a 20moa base?

R2BRO Wrote:it will be 800m DMR setup
What kind of scope are you planning to use? Many don't need that 20moa forward tilt to adjust out for just 800 meters.
Reply
#12
Use a scope mount of your choice for the main scope and a tactical offset picatinny accessory rail for the red dot. They were made for exactly the purpose you requested. Weaver makes one that works nicely and is only about $30
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)