Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Canadian Grendel
#1
Hey shooters,

Just joined to gather more info on my favourite chamber, there doesn't seem to be a large following of the cartridge north of the border just yet.

I built an AR platform 6.5 Gren with a 22" JP Supermatch Stainless barrel and JP internals and have taken it to 1100 yards without issue.

Mine likes 130 gr Berger VLD and I've got 200 Lapua brass that are showing little wear from 5 firings so far.
Reply
#2
Welcome aboard. Glad you are liking it.
NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com
Reply
#3
Welcome to the horde. Sounds like an impressive gun you're shooting. I wish I had 1100 yards I didn't have to drive 30 miles to fire into.
What is the twist on that Supermatch barrel?
Reply
#4
I'm up here in Canadaland. just converted a 5.56 sbr AR to 6.5 Grendel check my YT channel about it.
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL...kmD8wJypbt
Check out what troubles I am creating today!
Reply
#5
Rosecrans1 Wrote:Welcome to the horde. Sounds like an impressive gun you're shooting. I wish I had 1100 yards I didn't have to drive 30 miles to fire into.
What is the twist on that Supermatch barrel?

Late reply...

The JP is a 1:8 twist.
Reply
#6
Nice, that JP will get the job done. I am also a fan of that 130gr Berger bullet.
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)