Hi all - just joined the forum. I'm opening this thread to document my Grendel build. (If this is in the wrong place, please let me know.)
To set expectations, this is just a "have-fun" gun. I shoot almost exclusively in my back yard and at most can only go out to 200 yds. I mainly shoot at 100 yds. I do not hunt, so lugging around weight is not an issue. I carry my guns from the safe to the back yard which is at most about 15' from the back door!
I've built several AR15's in the past. I have two Spikes lowers just sitting around that I bought a couple of years ago and finally decided to do something with them. I wanted to do something a little different and after much reading you all have got me hooked on the 6.5G.
This is not by any means geared to be a competitive caliber gun. But, I also don't want the bottom of the barrel. Quality parts for good prices.
I just placed my order for the 18" Group Buy Monster along with the Monster Bolt.
In the meantime, I have my lower mostly done. Here's pics of it so far (first time using flickr - so hopefully they show up). I have a Rise Armament AR-15 Folds of Honor drop-in trigger, a BCM carbine buffer assembly and MOE CTR stock ready to put on (hopefully this weekend).
More to follow as I slowly get parts in.
SpikesLower1 by
[url=https://flic.kr/p/2dyA3CF]
SpikesLower2 by [url=https://www.flickr.com/photos/168636048@N03/]
To set expectations, this is just a "have-fun" gun. I shoot almost exclusively in my back yard and at most can only go out to 200 yds. I mainly shoot at 100 yds. I do not hunt, so lugging around weight is not an issue. I carry my guns from the safe to the back yard which is at most about 15' from the back door!
I've built several AR15's in the past. I have two Spikes lowers just sitting around that I bought a couple of years ago and finally decided to do something with them. I wanted to do something a little different and after much reading you all have got me hooked on the 6.5G.
This is not by any means geared to be a competitive caliber gun. But, I also don't want the bottom of the barrel. Quality parts for good prices.
I just placed my order for the 18" Group Buy Monster along with the Monster Bolt.
In the meantime, I have my lower mostly done. Here's pics of it so far (first time using flickr - so hopefully they show up). I have a Rise Armament AR-15 Folds of Honor drop-in trigger, a BCM carbine buffer assembly and MOE CTR stock ready to put on (hopefully this weekend).
More to follow as I slowly get parts in.
SpikesLower1 by [url=https://flic.kr/p/2dyA3CF]
SpikesLower2 by [url=https://www.flickr.com/photos/168636048@N03/]


, so please tell my WHY it is your personal favorite.
![[Image: 33370172068_4551d8731e_n.jpg]](https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7888/33370172068_4551d8731e_n.jpg)
![[Image: 33370172328_2108df9c2f_n.jpg]](https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7895/33370172328_2108df9c2f_n.jpg)
![[Image: 33370171698_12c5dc3d6e_n.jpg]](https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7827/33370171698_12c5dc3d6e_n.jpg)
![[Image: 33421926188_5ba11d00e4.jpg]](https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7816/33421926188_5ba11d00e4.jpg)
![[Image: 33520495748_04f73c56d6_n.jpg]](https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7905/33520495748_04f73c56d6_n.jpg)
![[Image: 33520495418_96fcd9a7f6.jpg]](https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4832/33520495418_96fcd9a7f6.jpg)
![[Image: 47343624672_853ddb4e7b.jpg]](https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7925/47343624672_853ddb4e7b.jpg)
![[Image: 33564474888_5fd4357e36.jpg]](https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7868/33564474888_5fd4357e36.jpg)
![[Image: 46525253735_a2a5fbfc69.jpg]](https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7869/46525253735_a2a5fbfc69.jpg)
![[Image: 46942149874_8f3b8a150f.jpg]](https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/46942149874_8f3b8a150f.jpg)