Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
AR15performance...
#1
Looky here
http://www.ar15performance.com/6_5g_264lbc

Someone is getting in on the Grendel business.. They usually have really nice and accurate barrels, and it has the more popular 5\8-24 thread.
Reply
#2
i have one on order with ARP, waiting on the barrels to come in, will be my hunting setup, yea H has some good thought when it comes to barrels, chambers, setups, etc., he is always thinking outside the box, I have two other of his barrels the 6.8 with the 6.8x43 chamber which shoots under .5 MOA with my handloads and a 7.62x39 barrel that shoots just over .5 MOA with handloads....
Reply
#3
I think I'm going to have to order one too, I want to replace the 16" barrel i have now and i also will be using it as a hunting setup. Its a reasonable price as well, not going to break the bank and i can look at an assortment of brakes that you cant usually get with the 9/16-24 threads..
Reply
#4
yea i like the setup and chamber on the barrels and will use his 7.62x39 9310 superbolt, some people don't like the idea of the 7.62x39 bolt, but I do, easy to get and his bolts are tops in my book
Reply
#5
The folks at AR15P tell me the 7.62x39 superbolt is also a direct replacement for all .264 lbc chamberings. I'll be ordering one for mine. I'll probably headspace it, just for safety's sake.
Reply
#6
yep, i believe the same used in the .264lbc, buy the superbolt from ARP, i think the best out there:

http://www.ar15performance.com/inc/sdetail/3255/339
Reply
#7
I have ordered a bunch of 5.56 barrels from ARP, but I wish he would just use the Grendel chamber, and not some other variation.
Reply
#8
EPIC FAIL

From the ARP website ....... 18" stainless barrel chambered for the 6.5 and 264LBC .297 neck 1.5 degree throat angle. SPR contour, mid gas, 5R rifling.

How can it possibly be a Grendel and have a .297 throat???? If it were a Grendel, it would have a .300 throat.
Reply
#9
There goes the quality control. Make what they want and stamp grendel on it.
Reply
#10
Mutt Wrote:EPIC FAIL

From the ARP website ....... 18" stainless barrel chambered for the 6.5 and 264LBC .297 neck 1.5 degree throat angle. SPR contour, mid gas, 5R rifling.

How can it possibly be a Grendel and have a .297 throat???? If it were a Grendel, it would have a .300 throat.

Quote:The chamber will be more of a match chamber than the general purpose Grendel
chamber. Has a .297 neck, 1.5 degree throat for better accuracy
They will be headspaced on a typical 7.62x39 bolt face so our super strong 7.62x39
bolts will work, the muzzle of the barrel will be threaded 5/8-24 so standard flash hiders work.

On the web page I think he's referring to the cartridge rather than the chamber. Sounds like a slightly looser version of the lbc. Perhaps if AA had SAMMIed and released the G earlier things would be cleaner. Perhaps not. Who knows?
Reply
#11
vfrdrvr Wrote:On the web page I think he's referring to the cartridge rather than the chamber. Sounds like a slightly looser version of the lbc. Perhaps if AA had SAMMIed and released the G earlier things would be cleaner. Perhaps not. Who knows?

it has a 1.5 degree throat....the neck is .297....the LBC has a .295 neck, the Grendel has a .300 neck, people say the .295 neck is too tight, others say the .300 is too loose for AR platforms....so a .297 should work well, longer brass life, etc.....but I like that he used the 5R rifling
Reply
#12
LRRPF52 Wrote:I have ordered a bunch of 5.56 barrels from ARP, but I wish he would just use the Grendel chamber, and not some other variation.

I think the way he set it up will work great, will take any factory ammo well, the .297 neck is where it is not too tight like some said about the LBC, and the barrel uses. AA and others use a compound throat angle, whereas ARP will use a 1.5 degree throat angle. I think this design will allow for higher pressures up towards 60K.
Reply
#13
Hey my Grendel loving Friends. Go to blackholeweaponry.com , join the forum and look under "news release" or an information tab and you may find out that BHW sold this shop their Steel Railed Upper Rights. Because they are a Business that has a flawless reputation, and treats their customers like customers should be treated, with respect. They also deliver quality products.. The next time anyone calls them, just ask them if they aquired a railed upper or some other device from BHW & I'm sure they will tell you they did.
BHW sold 2 of their products to two companies, one was a small shop that was well respected & I cant remember the other one..
When I get the time & my laptop is working properly, I will copy the information and paste it here on this thread for everyone to see..

BTW, when I figure out how to post pictures (& they will actually show up) I will post some pictures of my rifle and targets that I have shot at 100 yards. My best hand loads so far are Nosler Ballistic Tips 120 Grains using New Lapua unfired brass, CCI #450 Magnum small rifle primers & Hodgdon BL-C(2). My best 3 shot Group measures .32 CTC with my 18" Bull barrel. Itsure made my day ;-) .

Have a good night.
Eric
Reply
#14
Tooreal, you probably want to make a new thread on your experience with BHW rather than hijacking this one
Reply
#15
are this super perpormance bolt are sammi spec? (6.5 grendel) and it is not weird that everyone are making barrel in different dimensions and they call it 6.5 grendel compatible?
Reply
#16
65man, there are really only two bolts out there, the 6.5 Grendel bolt and the 7.62x39 bolt. Only the bolts are not compatible, the factory ammo out there will really shoot in any of the barrels. Because AA had the name copyrighted, people made different variations, usually with a different neck and throat to call it a different name, but the ammo would shoot in any of them.

The ARP bolt is a 7.62 bolt, one of the best in the industry, thats why he used it and only changed the chambering to optimize according to him and I think he did, this gives people the choice to get a good barrel, good price, that will shoot anything reliably and give handloaders the chance to optimize for his barrel, I have one on order and will see what it does, but my experience with his barrels have been great. I do like cut rifled barrels, but this will be a button rifled barrel to keep the costs down, but my other ARP's shoot .5 MOA or better

And there is a reason why other manufacturers are using the 7.62x39 bolt, it has less recess, allowing for greater pressures than the Grendel's 50,000 psi limit...
Reply
#17
I think what tooreal was trying to relay is that BHW sold the right to one of it's products to ARP based on ARP's excellent reputation, so he wasn't necessarily hi-jacking. Just saying.
Reply
#18
ah ok, was thinking he just wanted to put a plug in for BHW, I was thinking he meant that, but i went there and couldn't find any info, I know that ARP makes their own forearms called the Skip Flute Rail, he machines them and had posts up from the design to completion. I think I remember them going with a different upper, there are several parts they've changed vendors on, but does not make his own uppers and doesn't offer a 'steel railed upper', so maybe he could post a link
Reply
#19
The ARP "super bolt" will work in milspec extension correct?
Reply
#20
yes it will work with the standard extension, their bolt is a 7.62x39 bolt, which works with their barrel headspacing, will not work with the AA 6.5 grendel chamber, but should work with others like the .264 LBC, CCS, etc.
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)