Posts: 209
Threads: 61
Joined: Dec 2017
Wanting a 1-8 or similar. Will use for hunting and target shooting.
Ive been looking at the 2-10 gen 2 viper but dont really wanna spend that much. I just bought two 5-25 vipers so funds are a little tight. I want a mil scope.
Any suggestions?
Posts: 91
Threads: 8
Joined: Jan 2016
I just put a Burris Rt-6 1-6x24 on my 12" grendel Pistol build but if they'd made a 1-8x24 I know me and that's the route I'd of took. Haven't pulled the Trigger on it hopefully finishing up with it this Weekend.
Posts: 1,787
Threads: 49
Joined: Feb 2016
What is your budget? The Gsrc 1.1-10x is being released sometime mid April for under $600.
Posts: 122
Threads: 3
Joined: Dec 2018
03-06-2019, 02:16 PM
(This post was last modified: 03-06-2019, 02:19 PM by Rangerofthenorth.)
Maddvaper Wrote:I just put a Burris Rt-6 1-6x24 on my 12" grendel Pistol build but if they'd made a 1-8x24 I know me and that's the route I'd of took. Haven't pulled the Trigger on it hopefully finishing up with it this Weekend.
Great choice with the RT-6, mine is on a 10.5" 5.56 pistol. I recommend a Shepherd 1-8x24 r-mil scope with rs0011 reticle. It has great glass, locking turrets, positive clicks, awesome reticle, red and green illumination, plus flip up scope covers. Imagine a Strike Eagle with better turrets, reticle, and Japanese glass. Currently on sale at MSR Arms for $449. Strike Eagle 1-6 throw levers also fit.
Posts: 91
Threads: 8
Joined: Jan 2016
Rangerofthenorth Wrote:Great choice with the RT-6, mine is on a 10.5" 5.56 pistol. I recommend a Shepherd 1-8x24 r-mil scope with rs0011 reticle. It has great glass, locking turrets, positive clicks, awesome reticle, red and green illumination, plus flip up scope covers. Imagine a Strike Eagle with better turrets, reticle, and Japanese glass. Currently on sale at MSR Arms for $449. Strike Eagle 1-6 throw levers also fit.
Wow I just looked at that Shepherd Scope you mentioned and that things Tight !!
Posts: 209
Threads: 61
Joined: Dec 2017
I dropped my wife off at the grocery store this morning and went to the gun store thats up the road to look around and I see a Burris XTR ii 1.5-8 mil.34mm tube with price on it at $510. These scopes are $850-950.... I asked if that was correct and it was new, it was... it came home with me!
Posts: 122
Threads: 3
Joined: Dec 2018
Great grab on the Burris!
Posts: 209
Threads: 61
Joined: Dec 2017
Rangerofthenorth Wrote:Great grab on the Burris!
I thought so too! Not sure why they had it priced that low. It wont be great for precision, but with a 0moa base, on the 12" grendel, it should get me out to 700 without having to hold over. That's more than enough out of this little guy. Ill use my 20" for anything longer... or my 6.5CM or 6CM lol
Posts: 91
Threads: 8
Joined: Jan 2016
Posts: 7
Threads: 1
Joined: Dec 2018
Rangerofthenorth Wrote:I recommend a Shepherd 1-8x24 r-mil scope with rs0011 reticle
Thanks for the info on this glass. I was about to grab a Nikon M-223 1.5-6x24mm 30mm Illuminated over at Natchez. They have it for $386.00 down from $799. I picked one up a year ago for $599 and I have really enjoyed it on my 16" 5.56.
I just ordered the Shepherd 1-8 from MSR after reading your comments and all the positive reviews.
Posts: 122
Threads: 3
Joined: Dec 2018
Reiles Wrote:Thanks for the info on this glass. I was about to grab a Nikon M-223 1.5-6x24mm 30mm Illuminated over at Natchez. They have it for $386.00 down from $799. I picked one up a year ago for $599 and I have really enjoyed it on my 16" 5.56.
I just ordered the Shepherd 1-8 from MSR after reading your comments and all the positive reviews.
Good deal!
Posts: 214
Threads: 16
Joined: Apr 2018
Jmccracken Wrote:I dropped my wife off at the grocery store this morning and went to the gun store thats up the road to look around and I see a Burris XTR ii 1.5-8 mil.34mm tube with price on it at $510. These scopes are $850-950.... I asked if that was correct and it was new, it was... it came home with me!
Can you post the name of the store? That’s a great price. Would buy one at that price in a heart beat and sell my RT6.