03-02-2019, 04:03 AM
![[Image: 20190301_184113_zpsfgcbtjq1.jpg]](http://i1085.photobucket.com/albums/j422/LRRPF52/65%20Grendel%20Reloading/20190301_184113_zpsfgcbtjq1.jpg)
Top 12" Grendel on Balios Lite Set
12" Faxon Barrel Forum Group Buy ( I dimpled the gas block journal for one of the set screws)
Bedded gas Aero Lo-Profile gas block, with balanced/optimal gas tube alignment with the carrier key
AA Hard Use bolt with relief-cut lug opposite extractor
TBAC Flash Hider/Suppressor Attach .30 Cal, 5/8x24 Rocksett attached
Balios Lite FDE Receiver Set and handguard with Titanium barrel nut
Bootleg Adjustable Gas Carrier
Strike Industries 7075 T6 FDE anodized charge handle with extended latch
LaRue MBT-2S
Strike Industries Polymer Ejection Port Door, modified to close with the Bootleg carrier
Strike Industries Pivot and Take Down Pins, FDE anodized
Strike Industries Mag release button and catch, FDE anodized
Ergo Tactical Deluxe Suregrip
CMMG LPK - FCG
Maxim PDW Brace, FDE, with 8" 17 coil heavy recoil spring and tiny buffer
LaRue LT-104 VFZ mount with 30mm rings
NightForce NXS 1-8x24 MRAD
ThunderBeast Ultra 7 .30 Cal (9.7oz Titanium can)
Bottom 12" Grendel
12" Group Buy Faxon barrel
Group Buy Monster Logo Bolt
TBAC .30 cal Flash Hider
Lo-Pro gas block, bedded
Alexander Arms M4 upper marked "6.5 GREN", Cerakoted FDE
Some off-brand knock-off handguard that has a heavy barrel nut and sharp rails, FDE Cerakoted
Bootleg ABC
BCM Gunfighter Charge Handle
Precision Firearms Forged Lower with 50˚ mag well funnel
LaRue MBT-2S
Ergo Tactical Deluxe pistol grip
Magpul Winter Polymer Trigger Guard, FDE
FDE Cerakoted Mil-Spec RET
QD sling swivel socket end plate
Franklin Armory increased weight action spring
Standard Carbine 2.9oz buffer
ThunderBeast Ultra 5 .30 Cal Titanium Suppressor, 7.4oz FDE high temp Cerakote
LaRue LT-104 FDE
GRSC 1-4x24 CRS
We took both of them to the range today. I shot multiple 5rd groups into sub-MOA, rapid, with both of these little blasters. I used a lot of the lessons-learned on the 1st one when building the 2nd one with the Balios Lite set.
I like how light and handy the Balios Lite receiver set is and the way their handguard mates with the upper and the Titanium barrel nut.
I really like all the little small parts from Strike Industries. I had to remove a small amount of material on the plunger housing for the ejection port door to get it to close with the Bootleg carrier, but it was no big deal at all.
I used Rocksett this time on the TBAC flash hider since my Red Loc-tite one will float when the can heats up on mine.
I tuned the extractors and ejectors on both.
The barrel install on the Balios Lite was the hardest I've ever experienced. Balios Lite even with the Cerakote layer was right within spec at .995" ID for the extension tunnel.
The barrel extension is 1.005". Yeah, that was fun. It's accurate as hell though and would never really need a barrel nut, it's on so tight.
Both guns are shooters. I finally put some 123gr ELD-M through them both today, then 123gr SMK/8208XBR through the new one.
This was my first group, rapid-fired with 123gr ELD-M from my 12":
![[Image: 20190301_161744_zps9ge7vm8n.jpg]](http://i1085.photobucket.com/albums/j422/LRRPF52/65%20Grendel%20Reloading/20190301_161744_zps9ge7vm8n.jpg)
Here are the groups from his 12". He was zeroing as you can see. I shot the last 2 bottom groups on the right target. Bottom Right was 5rds rapid. Left was 3rds rapid, 123gr SMK/8208XBR load.
NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO
CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor
6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:
www.AR15buildbox.com
CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor
6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:
www.AR15buildbox.com

