Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
The anticipation is killing me!!!
#1
So, I ordered an Ultimate Upper Kit in 6.5 Grendel from LaRue on the 15th of January, and now I'm playing the waiting game until it ships. The wait for this upper is worse than waiting for Christmas when I was a kid. At least then I knew the exact day when Christmas would arrive!
Reply
#2
I’m with ya, I ordered a 14.5” Krieger from precision firearms and have a form 1 suppressor in waiting! Just waiting for them to show up!
Reply
#3
I just finished my UU build on wednesday so I was in your shoes for the past 4 months (had to wait on the lower). The wait is worth it in my opinion. Cool

Now all I need to do is get to the range. Was planning on doing it sunday BUT I came down with a vicious cold and at this point in time i;m not feeling a range visit...

Speaking of cans...waiting on one of them too. Hoping to see that approved by may. Guess I shouldn't complain about it though...dealer that has it has an indoor range. Big Grin
Reply
#4
My upper is out there also Palmetto State Armory had my order about a week and the lower build kit too.
The wait is longer now than my Christmas wait
Reply
#5
UUGrrr ordered 12/26, received 1/25. Took the free assembly option and the kit came in a hardcase! Matching lower still quite a ways out, waiting for that magical tracking number email...
DOJ+FBI+IRS+AFT=NKVD. Joe Stalin and Lavrentiy Pavlovich Beria are tap dancing in hell right now...
Reply
#6
AZHTfreak Wrote:UUGrrr ordered 12/26, received 1/25. Took the free assembly option and the kit came in a hardcase! Matching lower still quite a ways out, waiting for that magical tracking number email...
I took advantage of the free assembly as well. Was yours advertised as coming with a hard case? Because mine was not.
Reply
#7
Nothing mentioned in the description, was the cherry on top when I opened the box. Dunno, maybe because they assembled it...?
DOJ+FBI+IRS+AFT=NKVD. Joe Stalin and Lavrentiy Pavlovich Beria are tap dancing in hell right now...
Reply
#8
I ordered my Larue kit on January 14th I checked my order status today on the 5th of Feb. and it had changed from backorder to GTG. Hopefully I’ll see that shipping notice this coming week.
Then ordered 500 starline cases, 200 Nosler 129gr LR, 100 Nosler 120 BTips, and 100 Nosler 100gr BTips, 2# of CFE& 2# of 2520 and Redding full length die set. That should get me started.
I cast my own bullets for 30-30and 35 Rem then powder coat them so I’m thinking I may try casting for 6.5 Grendal in the future. I’m looking forward to a busy year with the Grendal!
Reply
#9
Bayouhunter1960 Wrote:I ordered my Larue kit on January 14th I checked my order status today on the 5th of Feb. and it had changed from backorder to GTG. Hopefully I’ll see that shipping notice this coming week.
Then ordered 500 starline cases, 200 Nosler 129gr LR, 100 Nosler 120 BTips, and 100 Nosler 100gr BTips, 2# of CFE& 2# of 2520 and Redding full length die set. That should get me started.
I cast my own bullets for 30-30and 35 Rem then powder coat them so I’m thinking I may try casting for 6.5 Grendal in the future. I’m looking forward to a busy year with the Grendal!

My order has been listed as GTG for 3 weeks now. =(
Reply
#10
My anticipation level just dropped a bit with that post!LOL GTG I assumed is Good to Go. When I ordered my upper Customer service said 3 to 5 weeks so I keep my expectations in that time frame.
Working a 28/28 work schedule and crew changing next Wednesday I have a good window where I’ll be there when it arrives!
Reply
#11
Geezz that sux's!

I guess I got lucky last week.

Ordered...1/23/19...from BCA

Received...1/30/19...complete 7.62X39 side charge upper w/SS 16" barrel. Built rifle that night.

Took new build to range...1/31/19

Load up new AR for hog hunt...2/2/19

Ended up shooting a boar coon at 80 yards!


Attached Files Thumbnail(s)
   
Reply
#12
The last two times I e ordered from LaRue I add to cart and buy, they next day I get an email that says the amount of lead time expected before order ships. I like LaRue and all but they should put out of stock if it's out. Ordered s trigger yesterday, it was out and I didn't know it til I bought it. 3 weeks out. They make great stuff tho. So hard to complain to much.
Reply
#13
Little late to the party I know but they do now have a green "IN STOCK" icon at the bottom of each product choice.

So if you don't see it , they are out of it.

Longest I have ever waited was 2 weeks for non-complete upper parts.

When I ordered my Grendel upper kit from them last year the green "in stock" button was there and I had my upper in six days.
Reply
#14
When I ordered my Grendal UU kit customer service said 3-5 weeks to ship that was 5 weeks ago today. I questioned them about CTG and was told that means the order was approved and paperwork completed.
I ordered the lower a little over a week ago and was informed there was a 16 week backlog. The guy also told me UU kits were now shipping in 6-8 weeks.
Reply
#15
Regardless of the wait time, there isn't a better deal out there. I waited a month on my UU kit and 5 months on the lower. Last year. Getting ready to do it again with a large frame.
Reply
#16
I know there is no better deal out there so will wait looking for that shipping notice with anticipation.
In the mean time to keep myself busy I’m starting to order parts for a second Grendal.
Reply
#17
Just had an disappointing update after talking with Larue customer service that 3-5 week shipping estimate has now been extended to 8-10 weeks or longer due to a QC part issue. Which they are not allowed to disclose. I’m patient but it would have been nice to see that upper in the 4 week time frame where I’m off work. As it stands now with my work schedule I will not see it until mid April or later. Not exactly the news I was hoping for but it what it is. It’s good to know they will only ship a quality upper to customers.
Reply
#18
Bayouhunter1960 Wrote:Just had an disappointing update after talking with Larue customer service that 3-5 week shipping estimate has now been extended to 8-10 weeks or longer due to a QC part issue. Which they are not allowed to disclose. I’m patient but it would have been nice to see that upper in the 4 week time frame where I’m off work. As it stands now with my work schedule I will not see it until mid April or later. Not exactly the news I was hoping for but it what it is. It’s good to know they will only ship a quality upper to customers.

And here I was worried that I would get the upper before the E-Lander magazines came in. Boy was I wrong!
Reply
#19
Christmas in April! Good on LT holding parts that don't pass QC...
DOJ+FBI+IRS+AFT=NKVD. Joe Stalin and Lavrentiy Pavlovich Beria are tap dancing in hell right now...
Reply
#20
Ordered a 20" barrel and had it in less than 24 hours from BCA

Ordered a BCG and got an email the next day saying up to 14 days to process. Showed in stock at time of purchase, oh well.. win some and loose some. Spent yesterday cleaning, prepping and loading ammo to plink with. Was teaching my son who is 14 on how to reload, 2 hours later we are at 400+ rounds of ammo... opps
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)