flyrod Wrote:I have two howa minis. Both receivers are nearly identical. Both receivers have an opening on the bottom that is roughly 2.5" long. A properly designed magazine could feed rounds 2.5" long through these receivers without modifications to the receivers. This is substantially longer than what the standard howa magazine allows and substantially shorter than what an AICS magazine allows. Thus the pictures posted are of a "medium" magazine that is bigger than the standard howa mini and smaller than an AICS. There was a thread here where all of this was already discussed, but perhaps it was deleted for some reason?
The picture I posted above is a howa mini, in a chassis, with a big magazine. Can you see the picture? Yes, they also make a chassis for the short actions that uses AICS magazines, as well as for other brands of receivers. The new "medium" magazine we're talking about is not the small original mini magazine. This new one allows a longer cartridge, it allows more cartridges, it has the catch at the rear, etc. It is not an AICS magazine, and it is not the original magazine, and is not compatible with either type floor plate or chassis and requires a new one made to fit it. This is what Matt @ LSI was describing.
Are we all on the same page now?
Nope your still not listening and your still lost.
I know all too well about the thread that was taken down when we were discussing this new mag, I had several reply's on it myself.
Then the oryx can out, I called both company's BOTH company's told me then. It will still only use the the plastic factory mag that comes with the rifle is what both company's told me.
Last week when I started having issues with my boyd's stock on my howa mini grendel I called both company's again asking questions. Called both company's twice last week and again both company's told me the new polymer mdt mag is not for the mini action. They said the new polymer mdt mag will not fit the action.
I have a howa mini grendel and unless they redesigned the action size since I ordered my barreled action in December there is now way your fitting that polymer mdt mag into the length of the action.
I know I messured mine several times.
As I already stated, I don't know what too tell you sir.
Maybe the people I have talked too at BOTH company's are complete idiots and have not a single clue about their own products and it's compatibility with other products.
Now if I'm wrong I am more then happy too be wrong. Why? Because I want this mag length they have in the mdt mag.
But I will say this one more time, instead of relieing on internet pics that can very easly be faces for marking hype. How about you call them and ask for yourself.
That's what I did and I already gave you the info I was given by both company's more then once already.