Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Help with first build, parts review
#21
Wargrendeleagle Wrote:It does. People often get backups. And these work well together

The Toolcraft 6.5 grendel BCG and the group buy bolt don't really work well together. The Toolcraft BCG uses a different length bolt and firing pin (not standard 5.56 lengths) if you pair the group buy bolt with that BCG you should also purchase a standard length firing pin. I chose not to purchase the Toolcraft 6.5 grendel BCG for that reason.
Reply
#22
bulletofsilver Wrote:You're the man, thank you for the explanation. Could you recommend an 18" barrel with a rifle length gas tube around $200? Preferably something besides the group buy here just so I can research the options? The only one I've found so far is Ballistic Advantage. Also, I do want to add a suppressor in the future so I'm glad you mentioned that. Thanks again.

For 200,... ballistic advantage, faxon are the most popular, the group buys are every bit as good as these for a little less, Odin works, proof research, precision firearms a bit more but more polished. La rue tactical gets good reviews but don't think they sell barrels only. Depending how fast you want the build, there are often good deals in the forum buy sell trade. There was a great price on a precision firearms barrel that I couldn't justify in my budget a few months ago.
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)