Posts: 70
Threads: 17
Joined: Dec 2018
Just about have my parts together to send to my armorer buddy to assemble my Grendel. I am using the Monster group-buy 20-inch barrel, with "gas block journal of .7495." Can anyone recommend the right gas block, and possibly an adjustable one as well? I am assuming the adjustable block permits some tuning if running bullets that are either on the light or heavy side of normal, or am I confused? Very possible.
Posts: 6,193
Threads: 170
Joined: Mar 2015
JP makes a couple of great adjustable gas blocks.
I'm useing wojteck lately they work great and don't break the bank.
The JP split yoke type is still my fav due to I can take it off the barrel and not have to remove my muzzle device.
Just make sure you get a .750 profile, just about all adjustable gas blocks are good these days.
Posts: 6,206
Threads: 50
Joined: Mar 2011
I put a JP adjustable gas block on my 20 Shilen 6.5 Grendel. I dont run a suppressor and have not had to adjust the gas block since installation a couple thousand rounds later with various bullet weights and powder combinations. Unless your running a suppressor I prefer the simplicity and reliabilty of a fixed gas block. If a suppressor is in your future Id recommend an adjustable gas block, adjustable carrier key or adjustable gas carrier.
The 20 6.5 Grendel barrels with rifle length gas system are generally well balanced and reliable.
Posts: 70
Threads: 17
Joined: Dec 2018
Thanks guys. No suppressor in my future. I'll just go with a non-adjustable for my rifle-length gas system barrel.
Posts: 769
Threads: 141
Joined: Apr 2011
JP, Superlative and SLR All make great Adjustable gas blocks!
"Precision - The Pinnacle of Perfection."
Posts: 31
Threads: 4
Joined: Dec 2018
I like my seekins adjustable block. Pretty low pro and really easy to use.
Posts: 95
Threads: 7
Joined: Jan 2019
Ive got Odin, Seekins, and PSA adjustable gas blocks. All get the job done.
Posts: 30
Threads: 4
Joined: Jul 2018
JoeBobOutfitters has an inexpensive $30 AGB that I put on to see what difference it made - HUGE! I'm not saying how great or how long it will last but my brass comes out at 4 o'clock not all beat up no matter what load I use.
Just saying that whatever you choose will be money well-spent.
Posts: 9
Threads: 0
Joined: Jan 2019
I'm partial to the adjustable carriers. My first adjustable gas system was with an SLR gas block but every build since then has been with either Bootleg or 2A Armament adjustable gas bolt carriers.
Posts: 11
Threads: 3
Joined: Feb 2019
I'm still working on my build but I have a Superlative block on my list
Posts: 182
Threads: 3
Joined: Nov 2015
+1 for SLR blocks! Only ones I use!
Posts: 224
Threads: 23
Joined: Oct 2016
Another +1 for SLR GBs...
Posts: 32
Threads: 2
Joined: Jun 2018
louielouie Wrote:JoeBobOutfitters has an inexpensive $30 AGB that I put on to see what difference it made - HUGE! I'm not saying how great or how long it will last but my brass comes out at 4 o'clock not all beat up no matter what load I use.
Just saying that whatever you choose will be money well-spent.
I just put one of these on my 20" Grendel- love it. I was getting pelted with brass with the non adjustable AP gas block- now my brass comes out at 3 o'clock.
Geno
Posts: 2
Threads: 0
Joined: Jan 2019
Anybody used the Mentium steel clamp on AGB? I know it's budget but have been very happy with this gas block and super easy to adjust and tune for the gun.
Posts: 3,654
Threads: 17
Joined: Aug 2013
Mark Land Wrote:Anybody used the Mentium steel clamp on AGB? I know it's budget but have been very happy with this gas block and super easy to adjust and tune for the gun.
No, but the $45 'USA' bipod looks like a Chinese clone of an Atlas.
This is your first post... Where is it all made?