Posts: 23
Threads: 6
Joined: Dec 2018
Well I got home after being at work for 3 weeks and all my parts were waiting on me. I grabbed an aero upper, 18 monster barrel and bolt, cmmg gas tube and and block, and aero enhanced 15 keymod handguard. A fellow member here is loaning me his tool to drill the dimples for the gas block so I dont have to pin it. Just waiting on that and my scope and mount and hopefully Ill be sighting her in this weekend. The LGS carries federal fusion 120gr and the Hornady custom 123gr. For optics I originally went with the vortex diamondback tactical 4-16x44 but it was backordered so I changed it to the sig tango 4 4-16x44 illuminated and got the warne gen 2 qd mount.
Posts: 6,193
Threads: 170
Joined: Mar 2015
Hope it turns out to be a shooter for you sir.
Part went out in the mail Monday morning, hopefully they don't lose this package as well.
Posts: 23
Threads: 6
Joined: Dec 2018
Posts: 6,193
Threads: 170
Joined: Mar 2015
That looks nice sir. We will need a full accuracy work up on it, if it isn't to your likeing ship it to me with all your ammo for testing lol.
Posts: 23
Threads: 6
Joined: Dec 2018
That’s a negative ghost rider. Once I get it printing on paper I’ll give a report with the 2 different loads I have.
Posts: 23
Threads: 6
Joined: Dec 2018
So I got her out but wasn’t able to stretch her legs out just yet as I only had about 50yards unobstructed to lay out a shooting lane. That being said, after getting the scope zeroed for the 50 yards, my ballistics charts were showing the monster to be almost identical poi for 50 and 100 yards, i had multiple 3 round groups within a quarter or less. The second shot of the group was regularly in the same hole as the first with the third being just shy of touching the first 2
Posts: 6,193
Threads: 170
Joined: Mar 2015
Posts: 23
Threads: 6
Joined: Dec 2018
I’ll get some whenever I can get back out to where I was shooting at.