Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
I think I found my 6.5 Grendel to start my build . Pro2a Tactical 20 in
#1
I think I finally found my upper Pro2a has a 20 inch that looks nice. Everything but the lower.

I did see it's a BCA barrel but I think it will still give it a try. The one thing I have is time to tinker with it until t's a tack driver.
One of the benifits of living less than a mile from the range you belong too.
Reply
#2
Cool deal. Hope it works out well for you sir.
Reply
#3
If you are after tack driver, I wouldn't start with a BCA barrel. It's like getting into drag racing with a Geo metro.

The barrel is the most important part of the entire build in terms of accuracy potential. I'd rather have a decent barrel and cheap everything else than the opposite if I was after a tack driver.

BCA barrels are not garbage, or useless, they are just manufactured with low price being the only goal. Dollar for dollar I actually think they are a good value. I helped a friend with a build with a $49 BCA Grendel barrel and it shoots 1.75-2 moa. Perfectly serviceable for deer hunting and he infact just shot one the other day with it. BUT if he wanted a tack driver I would have never suggested he start with that barrel.

I may be interpreting too much from your post, but I think it is an important point that you will find most people on the forum would agree with. It's always cheaper and better to build a gun with your goal in mind than to buy cheap, and try to make it perform beyond it's weight class.
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)