Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Check this out!
#1
Amidst all the negative comments about low price AR’s, I found this on a Daniel Defense: https://youtu.be/8IJU0zm1glY
Reply
#2
That is ONE rifle failing. They have a great reputation overall which is much more meaningful.

BCA can't do magic. They use parts that don't cost much to make so they can have the lowest price. That doesn't make them bad but it does mean that on average they do not perform like the higher quality brands do on average. Single examples are only one very small data point.
Reply
#3
Isn't this just old news (2016) being sensationalized for no reason here? DD had a problem and they recalled the gun for replacement of the fire control group. Sounds like a standup thing for the company to do. Would BCA do that?
Kill a hog. Save the planet.
My videos - https://www.youtube.com/user/HornHillRange
Reply
#4
I think my reasoning for putting up the link has been misconstrued. It had nothing to do with “BCA” or any other particular brand. I have had failures with both high and low end manufacturers. I don’t normally find videos like this one. I know, you’re going to say it’s because they hardly ever have a failure. Again, this is not about “bashing anyone’s gun” , I just thought it was interesting. Sorry if I got anyone’s dander up.

And no, I don’t think BCA would ever do this, if they did they would probably have to recall about 80% of their products.
Reply
#5
What is with all the BCA Fan Boys all of a sudden?

One or two Members from the same forum having a bad experience is one thing. Multiple (I have not counted) members is another, including that was a 4x on the same upper or barrel that just could not get right.

Somethin' not be smellin' right.
Sticks

Catchy sig line here.
Reply
#6
Even calling that “failing” is a little suspect. The rifle was abused for 2500 rounds and the trigger got gunked up. That’s not failing. Especially since he said that just separating the upper/lower and then putting it back together solved the problem. Failing and not being maintained are two completely different things.
Reply
#7
Also notice the guy doing the video failed to wear eye protection?
Reply
#8
Sticks Wrote:What is with all the BCA Fan Boys all of a sudden?

One or two Members from the same forum having a bad experience is one thing. Multiple (I have not counted) members is another, including that was a 4x on the same upper or barrel that just could not get right.

Somethin' not be smellin' right.

My thoughts also...
Reply
#9
I've never seen this much BCA wishful thinking discussion either. Though I can't tell if this thread is part of it or just random.

Actually I figured it out. Christmas gifts - uppers and money. Honestly that has to be it.
Reply
#10
Sixoeight Wrote:I've never seen this much BCA wishful thinking discussion either. Though I can't tell if this thread is part of it or just random.

Actually I figured it out. Christmas gifts - uppers and money. Honestly that has to be it.

This post was completely random.
Reply
#11
Must have been some deleted posts. This thread makes no sense at all.
Reply
#12
bj139 Wrote:Must have been some deleted posts. This thread makes no sense at all.

I completely agree, this thread has gone completely off course.
Reply
#13
Multiple new members all touting BCA as top gun in multiple threads and locations.

On Topic - Every mfg has a problem child that gets out the door. Some even an entire lot (into the hundreds). Faxon is/was a top line rifle and barrel mfg. They are the ones that made up the Group Buy for forum members, and they were top quality and accurate. Then we received a batch of 12.5 barrels with defects in the chambers that required reaming, polishing or returns.

A Carbine training course I attended, out of 23 rifles, a Noveske factory upper and lower is the only one that went down on TD1/500 rounds in, and could not be made to run - gas system failure. How could this be, with several Bushmasters, PSA and Franken Guns on the line?

Then there are mfgs. that are running about 50% success and suck.
Sticks

Catchy sig line here.
Reply
#14
Just maybe bca bought a new reamer, give it another week or two.
Reply
#15
Lastrites Wrote:Just maybe bca bought a new reamer, give it another week or two.

Apparently not. And according to DeputyDog25's own experiences, the chamber was not the only thing wrong.
Reply
#16
I thought this thread was about Daniel Defense.
Reply
#17
I don't know what the hell to think.
If it's true that we are here to help others, then what exactly are the others here for?
Reply
#18
Lol ohhhhhhhhh snap this thread bout to get good lol going pop the popcorn lol.
Reply
#19
Sticks Wrote:Multiple new members all touting BCA as top gun in multiple threads and locations.

On Topic - Every mfg has a problem child that gets out the door. Some even an entire lot (into the hundreds). Faxon is/was a top line rifle and barrel mfg. They are the ones that made up the Group Buy for forum members, and they were top quality and accurate. Then we received a batch of 12.5 barrels with defects in the chambers that required reaming, polishing or returns.

A Carbine training course I attended, out of 23 rifles, a Noveske factory upper and lower is the only one that went down on TD1/500 rounds in, and could not be made to run - gas system failure. How could this be, with several Bushmasters, PSA and Franken Guns on the line?

Then there are mfgs. that are running about 50% success and suck.

My son had to send his Stag 10 back in yesterday with what looks to be headspace and or gas problems. But I am not ready to throw Stag to the dogs quite yet. Now BCA........?
Reply
#20
Believe the DD recall was due to an issue with a batch of bad disconnectors, it happens.
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)