01-02-2019, 08:06 PM
Hello Everyone!
I have been a lurker for a few years, if I recall correctly. Now, I'm moving forward on two 6.5 Grendel builds. One I call a Franken-rifle of a spare receiver set, parts, and a gifted lightly used 18" mid-length gas barrel (Shilen). The other, and topic of this post, is an entirely new pistol build. The overwhelming primary use case will be self-defense (vehicle transported and a concealed backpack with my NC permit, less in home). I would love for this to be an FDE color build since I do not have an AR in FDE. I might shoot suppressed by 2020....maybe.
Expected ammunition diet will be a mix of factory Hornady: American Gunner for practice with Black (123 grain ELD-M) 123 grain SST as needed. I may begin reloading soon, but let's design under these parameters.
I have the Monster 12" barrel on order and a Larue trigger on the way. I have decided on the SBA3 brace. That's it.
I typically use Aero parts when I can and when they are available. But, you fine forum members are the experts in my opinion. I am throwing this open to you.
Muzzle device recommendations?
Buffer weight recommended?
Sights (Trijicon MRO)?
Receiver set?
BCG?
And so on....
You name it, I'm open to your suggestions. Trying to keep costs down when i am able and expect to look for sales in the weeks (or months) ahead
I have built my own competition AR15 lower and hated the process. All the little f***ing parts!! But, I did it. Not afraid of it but I felt no accomplishment for that level of frustration.
I am eager to get your expert advice, guys and gals!!
Thank you in advance,
Mike S.
I have been a lurker for a few years, if I recall correctly. Now, I'm moving forward on two 6.5 Grendel builds. One I call a Franken-rifle of a spare receiver set, parts, and a gifted lightly used 18" mid-length gas barrel (Shilen). The other, and topic of this post, is an entirely new pistol build. The overwhelming primary use case will be self-defense (vehicle transported and a concealed backpack with my NC permit, less in home). I would love for this to be an FDE color build since I do not have an AR in FDE. I might shoot suppressed by 2020....maybe.
Expected ammunition diet will be a mix of factory Hornady: American Gunner for practice with Black (123 grain ELD-M) 123 grain SST as needed. I may begin reloading soon, but let's design under these parameters.
I have the Monster 12" barrel on order and a Larue trigger on the way. I have decided on the SBA3 brace. That's it.
I typically use Aero parts when I can and when they are available. But, you fine forum members are the experts in my opinion. I am throwing this open to you.
Muzzle device recommendations?
Buffer weight recommended?
Sights (Trijicon MRO)?
Receiver set?
BCG?
And so on....
You name it, I'm open to your suggestions. Trying to keep costs down when i am able and expect to look for sales in the weeks (or months) ahead
I have built my own competition AR15 lower and hated the process. All the little f***ing parts!! But, I did it. Not afraid of it but I felt no accomplishment for that level of frustration.
I am eager to get your expert advice, guys and gals!!
Thank you in advance,
Mike S.

