12-27-2018, 01:03 AM
I purchased a bcm blemished upper recently and the complete finish is off plus it has large 4 inch long sections of bare aluminum. Does anyone have any pointers on refinishing this before assembly?
|
Refinish upper receiver
|
|
12-27-2018, 01:03 AM
I purchased a bcm blemished upper recently and the complete finish is off plus it has large 4 inch long sections of bare aluminum. Does anyone have any pointers on refinishing this before assembly?
12-27-2018, 02:31 AM
Black spray paint, cheap, quick and easy to touch back up.
12-27-2018, 03:21 AM
Disappointing to hear it was that bad. My BCM blem had one minor scratch that I was perfectly fine with given it was for a carry gun. Krylon is perfectly fine, if want something more durable Brownell's Aluma-hyde is a solid choice.
I'd tape off and or stuff the inside with paper to keep overspray off the teflon coating inside the upper.
12-27-2018, 04:13 AM
I'm fairly certain there is no Teflon coating inside, it looks and feels like a dirty chalk board. At least I know never to purchase a blem again....i was contemplating getting two, glad I didn't.
12-27-2018, 04:46 AM
Jakegsxr11 Wrote:I'm fairly certain there is no Teflon coating inside, it looks and feels like a dirty chalk board. At least I know never to purchase a blem again....i was contemplating getting two, glad I didn't. Prep the upper, tape and spray the inside with Cerakote micro slick. https://www.cerakote.com/finishes/C-110Q...m-coating/ I coat my bolt carriers with this product too. The outside is personal preference.
12-27-2018, 04:59 AM
montana Wrote:Prep the upper, tape and spray the inside with Cerakote micro slick. https://www.cerakote.com/finishes/C-110Q...m-coating/ I coat my bolt carriers with this product too. The outside is personal preference. Did not even know this existed. How does it hold up?
12-27-2018, 08:06 AM
FRB6.5 Wrote:Did not even know this existed. How does it hold up? The micro slick will show wear over time, but the lubricity properties remain. The coating was originally made for engine pistons. https://www.competitionautomotive.com/hi...e-coatings If properly prepped, it is a fantastic coating. With the inside of my AR upper and bolt carrier coated with micro slick, plus the JP Custom Buffer Spring and after market trigger, the action feels like it is running on ball bearings. My AR rifles are the smoothest actions I have ever felt on any AR platform.
12-27-2018, 05:58 PM
I'm not even sure I'm going to use this upper any longer. I also noticed the M4 feed ramps are barely there. My Colt and Vision defense upper ramps are much larger and cleaner. Any how I contacted BCA and they emailed me back very fast asking for pictures. Hopefully they rectify the situation.
12-27-2018, 06:06 PM
Sounds like someone reached into the reject bin Vs. the blem bin.
01-01-2019, 09:53 PM
Jakegsxr11 Wrote:I'm not even sure I'm going to use this upper any longer. I also noticed the M4 feed ramps are barely there. My Colt and Vision defense upper ramps are much larger and cleaner. Any how I contacted BCA and they emailed me back very fast asking for pictures. Hopefully they rectify the situation. Is it a BCM or BCA upper? Those are two entirely different companies and would explain some of your problems if it's BCA vs an actual BCM.
NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO
CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor 6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here: www.AR15buildbox.com
01-01-2019, 11:19 PM
Oh sorry it is BCM, I mistakenly typed BCA. You are correct that is a big difference.
01-04-2019, 06:44 PM
:o - just a bit.
Nothing kills the incentive of men faster than a healthy sense of entitlement. Nothing kills entitlement faster than a healthy sense of achievement.
01-05-2019, 11:11 PM
[ATTACH=CONFIG]13485[/ATTACH]
Here is what my barrel looks like in the upper. Do you guys think the feed ramps look acceptable? If so I'll probably be able to make this upper work.
01-06-2019, 01:25 AM
So it's a Bravo Company Manufacturing upper? That would be quite surprising as I would expect much better even from blems. If it's BCM I would contact them, I am sure that they will make it right.
01-06-2019, 02:38 AM
Jakegsxr11 Wrote:[ATTACH=CONFIG]13485[/ATTACH] Them seem small to me and kind of sharp looking, could always blend and polish them for a few penny's and few mints of work.
01-06-2019, 03:25 AM
Yes it's a Bravo Company Mfg upper. It is a blem but those ramps are small and one is rough. I contacted them right when I got it and they asked for pictures within 2 hours. I sent the pictures a few hours later but have not heard from them since, it's been about a week and a half and several follow up emails with zero response.
01-08-2019, 12:31 AM
Well BCM said this upper is completely normal and the feed ramps look good. Just because I can't see or feel the dry film lube on the inside of the upper doesn't mean it isn't there. They will take a return for a 25% restocking fee and I pay shipping. It is literally the worst quality upper I have seen, pretty pathetic. I suppose I'll file the feed ramps to match the barrel, microcoat the inside and krylon the exterior. Oh and never buy a BCM again. Their customer service was very difficult also.
|
|
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »
|