Posts: 32
Threads: 7
Joined: Mar 2018
First season results for the Grendel 1 8 pt and 2 does. Loved hunting with it EXCEPT for the bolt catch. Such a small button and you need to lefty it. I see the assorted BAD levers out there and I dont have a billet upper to worry about clearance, so any advice / experience from the Horde on this annoyance would be appreciated.
Recondo
Posts: 568
Threads: 44
Joined: Jun 2016
I put bad levers on mine. I like them but have never had to use one while hunting.
Posts: 47
Threads: 2
Joined: Nov 2018
I have both BAD lever setups and Geissele maritime bolt catch. Both are great solutions. The geissele allows more room in trig guard and is less bulky/clunky.
Posts: 3,654
Threads: 17
Joined: Aug 2013
If this is a concern then an ambi-lower might be a better solution. Unsure if there are any ambi-lowers that both lock and release the carrier however ambi-lowers all offer the ability to release the carrier from both sides. Ambi lowers are more sleek in the sense the slide release mechanism goes through the frame rather than outside, down and through the trigger area.
Aero offers ambi-lowers.
https://www.aeroprecisionusa.com/ar15-am...rous-lower
Here's a MEGA lower with its ambi carrier release mechanism on both sides.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]13410[/ATTACH]
Posts: 32
Threads: 7
Joined: Mar 2018
Thanks for the responses. Biggest pain to me is locking back the bolt when unloading after hunting. Also laid the rifle down once and the bolt released. PITA going and coming. Anymore thoughts? Thanks much.
Recondo
Posts: 247
Threads: 36
Joined: Sep 2018
I have been interested in putting a bad lever on my home defense AR.
Posts: 8,507
Threads: 241
Joined: Sep 2014
12-28-2018, 04:05 AM
(This post was last modified: 12-28-2018, 04:08 AM by LRRPF52.)
The ADM billet lower has an ambi lock and release lever that is pretty slick. I wish all my lowers had it.
Aero also has the PDQ lower, but they don't market it hard at all for some reason.
[video=youtube_share;x-562lZUpsg]https://youtu.be/x-562lZUpsg[/video]
Hk also has an ambi bolt hold and release on the latest version of the 416, the Hk416A5:
NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO
CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor
6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:
www.AR15buildbox.com