Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Just ordered the Grendel a trigger!
#1
I had been on the fence whether to buy a Geissele 2 stage or a LaRue Tactical MBT-2S trigger, well I’m no longer on the fence! For $87 I could not pass up the LaRue. I wonder if I’ll notice the difference between the new LaRue trigger and the crappy MilSpec trigger I’ve been using?

I can’t wait for it to come in. I hope it’s not a very long wait, with Christmas and alll... Any of you have the LaRue on any of your rigs? What are your thoughts?

Thanks -GeoWink
Live free or die trying!
Reply
#2
The larue is a good upgrade. For the price, its a great trigger. I have both. Enjoy
Reply
#3
I have a MBT waiting to go into my 6.5 build as well. I wanted a decent 2 stage trigger, and their special pricing made it an easy decision.
Reply
#4
Just ordered my 2nd one. I love it in my hunting build, for the price it cannot be beat

Tim
Reply
#5
I’ve got two Geissele G2S triggers and two LaRue MBT 2S triggers. I’ve bought the LaRue triggers after buying the Geissele and for the price I’ll buy more LaRue MBT 2S. I was just shooting the rifle with LaRue Wed and it is really a good two stage trigger. They are both good consistent triggers and I’d have to try them side by side to tell the difference.
Reply
#6
I've got both and no complaints with the Larue. It's a very good trigger. And by buying a Larue you're entered into their drawing for a complete upper.
http://www.65grendel.com/forum/showthrea...ly-Drawing
Reply
#7
in my experience, you should feel a major difference in the milspec trigger and almost good 2 stage. I think you'll really like it.
Reply
#8
Just ordered a second one as well. Groups tightened up immediately after changing to the MBT.
MS
Reply
#9
I'm trying real hard to not sound like a fanboy, but it's hard to beat the MBT-2 for the price, I own a couple or 3.....
Nebraska Firearms Owners Association. https://nebraskafirearms.org/wp/
Reply
#10
I’ve got 2 and ordering 3 more. Head and shoulders better than RRA triggers and I have 4 of them (got them for $62 3 years ago at Xmas).
Reply
#11
You really can’t go wrong w/the LaRue MBT, it’s a great trigger. I like it enough that I have one in 10 of my personal builds and a half dozen more on order for future builds. I’m hoping that Mark sticks w/the $87 price moving forward, infact I’d love it if he’d ditch the can and drop the price to $86. Cool

To be fair, I have a pretty decent pile of Geisele triggers as well and they’re exceptional. You really can’t go wrong with either of them. Another trigger that is often overlooked is the AR Gold. It’s a bit expensive though, with the price of the MBT, as much as I love the gold I’m having a hard time justifying buying more of them.

At $87 this trigger is a fantastic upgrade, especially over an untouched single stage Milspec trigger. You made an excellent choice.
Reply
#12
If you don't feel a massive difference I'd suggest a Dr. visit cause sumpin' is wrong with yo finger, Wink.

Hope you can tell I'm joshing, it's a great trigger, I bought 3 of those rascals cause after the first I couldn't stand the mil trigger!!
"Wild flower, growin' thru the cracks in the street" - Problem Child by Little Big Town
Reply
#13
I just received and installed mine. I am now a believer. This trigger is sweet! I really wouldn't want it any lighter for hunting and general shooting. The only place I could see wanting something else would be a ultra long range where you might want it crazy light, or some sort of fast paced competitive shooting where it seems many like the single stage. For me this is perfect for all of my needs! Thank you LaRue!
Reply
#14
Congrats on the new trigger
Reply
#15
These triggers have been “on sale” for $87 for a LONG time but LaRue says the price will be going up to $99 after the end of the year. I was waiting for a Black Friday deal on these but will order one before end of year.

Have not tried one yet but they have a solid rep for best bang for the buck. I run an older RRA 2stage NM, a Geissele B-G2S-E, and a Hiperfire 24e. I’m perfectly happy with a good single stage like an ALG QMS, and the older PSA ept triggers were a bargain when they went on sale for $30. But a good sub-$100 2 stage is a nice upgrade to a mediocre trigger.

BTW the only other 2stage trigger at this price point I know of is the RRA from AR15sales.com @ $88.
Reply
#16
OP here...

I wonder what the wait time is on them? I know LaRue makes them “In house.”, not sure if that make any difference on ship times. If anybody has received theirs please chime in on wait times.

I had an RRA 2 stage and was going to get another until I heard about the LaRue. I could absolutely see no reason why I shouldn’t buy a LaRue.
Live free or die trying!
Reply
#17
6.5Geo Wrote:OP here...

I wonder what the wait time is on them? I know LaRue makes them “In house.”, not sure if that make any difference on ship times. If anybody has received theirs please chime in on wait times.

I had an RRA 2 stage and was going to get another until I heard about the LaRue. I could absolutely see no reason why I shouldn’t buy a LaRue.

Ordered 11/23 - listed as "backordered". Received Email 12/7 "backordered-shipped" Received trigger 12/11. Came with a Christmas Dillo, too.Smile
Reply
#18
I have a larue MBT in my 20" inch grendel, i love that trigger.
Reply
#19
6.5Geo Wrote:OP here...

I wonder what the wait time is on them? I know LaRue makes them “In house.”, not sure if that make any difference on ship times. If anybody has received theirs please chime in on wait times.

I had an RRA 2 stage and was going to get another until I heard about the LaRue. I could absolutely see no reason why I shouldn’t buy a LaRue.

I have eight RRA NM triggers two Geissele G2S and two LaRue MBT and I like the LaRue the best. The RRA NM are not as consistent and vary on the weight from trigger to trigger. Some RRA NM are just better than others. The Geissele and LaRue seem more consistent and appear to be a higher quality. I have seen RRA NM triggers go bad and I got one bad one.

I ordered a LaRue MBT 2S on October 4 and it was delivered October 26. I ordered two 17 round E-Landers at the same time which are still on back order. Even with the delay in shipping and no live enventory on LaRue’s web site I’ll probably buy more MBT 2S triggers.
Reply
#20
VASCAR2 Wrote:I have eight RRA NM triggers two Geissele G2S and two LaRue MBT and I like the LaRue the best. The RRA NM are not as consistent and vary on the weight from trigger to trigger. Some RRA NM are just better than others. The Geissele and LaRue seem more consistent and appear to be a higher quality. I have seen RRA NM triggers go bad and I got one bad one.

I ordered a LaRue MBT 2S on October 4 and it was delivered October 26. I ordered two 17 round E-Landers at the same time which are still on back order. Even with the delay in shipping and no live enventory on LaRue’s web site I’ll probably buy more MBT 2S triggers.

The no live inventory thing is a touch frustrating at times. I've got a scope mount on BO. I didn't even get a notice this time. But just gotta accept it I guess and wait patiently!
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)