Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
The advice about handguard
#1
I'm thinking to make a build for 6.5G, with my existing 20" BCA barrel straight fluted black nitride. Ill be shooting steel with it.

I plan to use this handguard:
https://www.brownells.com/rifle-parts/fo...09337.aspx

Few questions:

1) Do i need to buy some delta ring for it? or how do I attach it? (I have colt 6920 and when i was using AB Arms MOD 1 handguard i used its existing rings and pad). So can you tell me exactly which parts i need to buy to successfully attach that long handguard to my rifle length system?

2) In case if i decided (not sure yet..) to use gas piston system from Adams Arms, would it fit under this handguard?
Reply
#2
These parts are DPMS but Brownell’s also sell Colt branded parts.

231-000-118WB
AR-15 Barrel Snap Ring Steel Unfinished


231-000-120WB
Delta Ring Steel Black


231-000-072WB
Triangular Handguard Cap Steel Black
Mfr Part: F1000784

231-000-119WB
AR-15 Barrel Weld Spring Steel Black


https://www.brownells.com/schematics/dpm...id814.aspx

For some reason the DPMS Schematic didn’t list the barrel nut. Here is a Colt which shows out of stock.


160-300-024WB
AR-15 Barrel Nut Steel Black
Mfr Part: SP61902
COLT

Here is a DPMS Barrel nut which is also out of stock. Since DPMS was bought by the Freedom group they aren’t available as much today.

231-000-360WB
AR-15 Barrel Nut Steel Black
Mfr Part: F409678

In the passed the barrel nut would be on the barrel if the barrel was sold with a pinned front A-1/A-2 sight tower/gas block.


Here is a link to a picture of a Double Star barrel with fixed A-2 front where the barrel nut is already on the barrel.

https://www.brownells.com/rifle-parts/ba...00-002-665


I included the front triangle hand guard cap which sets next to the fixed front sight tower/gas block. You need a front hand guard cap to capture/retain the front of the hand guard. The gas tube prevents the hand guard cap from rotating.
Reply
#3
The best solution I’ve found to not having a pinned front fixed sight tower/gas block is a sight held on by threaded allen screws. I used one of these with a 22 LR CMMG barrel to give the classic M-4 look. Having a gas tube assist in alignment. I used Loctite on the gas block/front sight on the barrel and screws. It has held very well for over 10 years.

If you want the retro M-16 A-1 look you might consider this.

https://shop.deztacticalarms.com/A2-Fixe...035-GB.htm
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)