Posts: 190
Threads: 22
Joined: Dec 2014
I have a satern bull barrel and an SLR sentry 9 adjustable gas block. The handguard I have is a free float 1.75 diameter. The handguard will not screw on and fit over this gas block... any ideas??
The gas block hits the handguard bad...
Posts: 6,193
Threads: 170
Joined: Mar 2015
Cut the handguard shorter or get a smaller profile gas block or spend more money on a different handguard that has more room for the gas block.
That's about all your options.
Posts: 6,193
Threads: 170
Joined: Mar 2015
Also what handguard is it?
Posts: 190
Threads: 22
Joined: Dec 2014
A5BLASTER Wrote:Also what handguard is it?
I dont remember the handguard brand. Nothing spectacular. Inwas afraid a short hand guard was probably going to be my only option... kind of the conclusion Ive come to as well. I justvliked the longest handguard I could get to cover the gas block and most of the barrel, AND allow to my bipod to be further forward...
Lesson learned do not use a .936 SLR gas block on a bull barrel if you want to cover the gas block..
Posts: 190
Threads: 22
Joined: Dec 2014
A5BLASTER Wrote:Also what handguard is it?
Nordic components slotted customizable free float tube from midway usa. I looked it up...
The gas block is 1.60 inches top to bottom, but taller on the top. Thats where its hitting if I remember correctly.. i dont have it in hand at the moment.
Maybe its the cylinder type tube that doesnt fit it??
Posts: 4,287
Threads: 156
Joined: Jan 2017
Could be. The ones with a pic rail have some room underneath that rail for the GB to stick up into.
Even though my bbls are more std diameters, that's the setup my gb's all use, and they all stick up into that space, but no interference.
Maybe a 1.75+ w/ pic rail? Probably the full-length rail as well.
"Down the floor, out the door, Go Brandon Go!!!!!"
Posts: 6,193
Threads: 170
Joined: Mar 2015
Sniper338 Wrote:Nordic components slotted customizable free float tube from midway usa. I looked it up...
The gas block is 1.60 inches top to bottom, but taller on the top. Thats where its hitting if I remember correctly.. i dont have it in hand at the moment.
Maybe its the cylinder type tube that doesnt fit it??
Something like what I use on my 20 inch should clear the gas block.
I use the seekins sp3rv3 on that rifle, think it's 2x2 inside diameter on that handguard.
Posts: 190
Threads: 22
Joined: Dec 2014
A5BLASTER Wrote:Something like what I use on my 20 inch should clear the gas block.
I use the seekins sp3rv3 on that rifle, think it's 2x2 inside diameter on that handguard.
Im looking at the Seekins SP3R V3, i wouldnt mind that at all if ita fit...
Posts: 6,193
Threads: 170
Joined: Mar 2015
Sniper338 Wrote:Im looking at the Seekins SP3R V3, i wouldnt mind that at all if ita fit...
Give me a bit I will break out the tools and get you some measurements.
Posts: 6,193
Threads: 170
Joined: Mar 2015
Inside messurments
Total height 1.755
Total width 1.755
Posts: 190
Threads: 22
Joined: Dec 2014
10-4 thanks.
Im not certain it will fit... do you have a heavy profile barrel?
Posts: 6,193
Threads: 170
Joined: Mar 2015
Sniper338 Wrote:10-4 thanks.
Im not certain it will fit... do you have a heavy profile barrel?
No my 20 is .750 profile gas block.
You might check the jp rifles .936 profile gas block out, it's more rounded, it might fit better under the handguard, and jp shows the diamentions on their website for all their gas blocks.
Posts: 25
Threads: 11
Joined: Aug 2018
The Sentry website says "NOTE -Needs Minimum 1.4" ID Handguard if going underneath". Should be plenty of room if your 1.75 measurement is correct. I was going to suggest a Superlative Arms Adjustable Gas Block. It's a hair smaller. I'm using a Strike Industries, Strike Rail and it clears my Superlative Piston system fine. Good luck