Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Magpul Magazine Solution ?
#1
http://sulzerfirearms.com/ If Grendel would feed from 6.8 Magpuls.
Reply
#2
It's a good thought but why hamstring it into a mag not developed for it when amend2 has a polymer mag for the grendel do out soon for purchase.

Even have a thread on this fourm about them in the optics and accessories section.

I'm sure someone could modify the feedlips to allow grendel too run in the 6.8 mags but then you limited too just those mags because that's the only mag made for that platform.

Now if cpd could build a metal 6.5 grendel mag to fit that lower then it would be worth the price, but that will never happen.
Reply
#3
Good point. I was thinking more about perhaps the Grendel working without mag mods. I contacted Sulzer about trying Grendel in their receivers. If 6.8 and Grendel both fit the same mag body, some might do a metal mag. 6.8 boys like more mag length too.
Reply
#4
They will fit but that doesn't mean it would feed, the two cases have different feed geometry and the bullets sit in very different places in the mags so the guide rails that the bullets run along won't be correct plus the feed lips will need to be tweaked for grendel to feed correctly off of them.

As far as metal mags too fit that lower I don't think it will happen since that lower has been out for several years now and no one has ever tryed too do a metal mag for it.

Might be a contract thing or something like that may be why.

Might be worth a call too cpd too hint at them about a grendel mag to fit that lower.
Reply
#5
Yeah, someone has unfortunately already confirmed that Grendel does not feed correctly out of the Magpul Six8 mags... I was bummed when I found out.
Reply
#6
m796rider Wrote:Yeah, someone has unfortunately already confirmed that Grendel does not feed correctly out of the Magpul Six8 mags...
Cite? I can't see how anyone could possibly have confirmed that without actually building a Grendel using the LWRC receiver set.
Reply
#7
A5BLASTER Wrote:It's a good thought but why hamstring it into a mag not developed for it when amend2 has a polymer mag for the grendel do out soon for purchase.
Because if it would work, we might have a 30-rd polymer mag. The Amend2 mag is a single stack, 10-rd mag almost as tall as a 25-rd metal mag.

[Image: attachment.php?attachmentid=12788&d=1538000668]
Reply
#8
Contacted Sulzer. They were Grendel supporters and would look into what they could do. Can't fault that.
Reply
#9
stanc Wrote:Because if it would work, we might have a 30-rd polymer mag. The Amend2 mag is a single stack, 10-rd mag almost as tall as a 25-rd metal mag.

[Image: attachment.php?attachmentid=12788&d=1538000668]

This is all true but then again the only mag for this lower is the polymer 30 rounder and that would limit the sells because not everyone can legal own a 30 rounder or would need one.

Me personally I'm all for it, even more so if someone like cpd would drop a 10 round metal grendel mag on the market to fit this lower.

Be nice to window a metal grendel mag that fits a lower like this and run handloads in a ar15 out too 2.400 coal.

Like I said on a different thread, it's exciting times to be a grendel lover.
Reply
#10
Ok Stan, is the Amend2 6.5 Grendel mag a photo shop? I haven’t been able to find anywhere else that picture was posted. It does look pretty good even if it is a single stack.


It would be interesting if the Amend2 6.5 Grendel mag was developed for the Howa Mini Action. A way to get 10 rounds in the Howa.
Reply
#11
VASCAR2 Wrote:Ok Stan, is the Amend2 6.5 Grendel mag a photo shop? I haven’t been able to find anywhere else that picture was posted.
It's one of the photos posted by A5BLASTER: http://www.65grendel.com/forum/showthrea...post207036
Reply
#12
Thanks Stan, I didn’t remember that picture in the thread.
Reply
#13
stanc Wrote:It's one of the photos posted by A5BLASTER: http://www.65grendel.com/forum/showthrea...post207036

Lmao shows you where my minds at I didn't even notice that was a pic of the amend2 grendel mag lmao.
Reply
#14
stanc Wrote:Cite? I can't see how anyone could possibly have confirmed that without actually building a Grendel using the LWRC receiver set.

http://www.65grendel.com/forum/showthrea...post101889
Reply
#15
m796rider Wrote:http://www.65grendel.com/forum/showthrea...post101889
Thanks. I'd forgotten about that. Jeez, it was FOUR years ago??? Wow. Time really flies even when you're not having fun. :eek: Sad
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)