Posts: 248
Threads: 26
Joined: Apr 2018
Looking forward to the pics
Single stack would feed nice Im sure, only negative would be a longer magazine for the same round count vs traditional mags.
Which would probably rule out the higher capacity mags.
Fine by my, Im partial to the 10&17rd Elander size for shooting off a bipod.
But I would defiantly buy a couple of these to try out.
Posts: 209
Threads: 10
Joined: Sep 2018
The prototype I saw a few months ago was not single stack. Was still double stack, but single, center feed, like a pistol magazine. They may have changed it by now though. I have not been by the office in a few months.
Posts: 6,193
Threads: 170
Joined: Mar 2015
Dead Center Miss Wrote:The prototype I saw a few months ago was not single stack. Was still double stack, but single, center feed, like a pistol magazine. They may have changed it by now though. I have not been by the office in a few months.
Single feed you say hmmmmmm, i smell a home brewed windowed polymer mag in the works when I get my hands on one.
Tryed it with the pmags but they got too limp when windowed out for loading 5 rounds long and would flex and not load properly.
Posts: 209
Threads: 10
Joined: Sep 2018
In my opinion the Amend2 mags are way better then the pmags. I will have to check when I get home, but I was using the amend2 20 round 223 mags when I first got the Grendel and it seems like I was able to get 8 rounds in them.
It's probably also worth mentioning that the side plates on the molds are changeable, and they can and will do custom graphics molded into the sides of mags. They have done special runs for sporting events, anniversaries, and all kinds of stuff. I think it's a 2000 min on the first order to get the plates made for the molds. Would he cool to have some grendel mags made with the grendel skull.
Posts: 209
Threads: 10
Joined: Sep 2018
I can get 7 rounds in the 20 round gen 2 223 mags before I start to have issues with them not coming out right. I can get 10 in the 30 round Gen 1 mags.
Posts: 4,287
Threads: 156
Joined: Jan 2017
I wonder how a single feed would work with the AR double-feed style feed ramp....
Unless it always feeds from only one side of that double...?
But that wouldn't be a center feed system.
"Down the floor, out the door, Go Brandon Go!!!!!"
Posts: 6,193
Threads: 170
Joined: Mar 2015
grayfox Wrote:I wonder how a single feed would work with the AR double-feed style feed ramp....
Unless it always feeds from only one side of that double...?
But that wouldn't be a center feed system.
That's a good ? grayfox.
Hoping the pics they promised come through today like they said.
These won't replace my cpd mags simple due to me being able to run loads at 2.295 in them but it's always nice to have more choices on the market.
That and you know them tacticool mall cops love them some polymer mags, so I see them selling good for amend2
Posts: 209
Threads: 10
Joined: Sep 2018
I think the Amend2 mags will sell just because of how cheap they will be. Last time I bought a case of 223 mags (before they sponsored me) they were about 11 bucks each.
As far as the prototype, I was thinking about it, and its actually been closer to a year since I have seen the original 3D printed one they made up. At the time they were weighting to get in a grendel upper to start testing. They may have changed a lot by now.
Posts: 6,193
Threads: 170
Joined: Mar 2015
Well never got the pics, so guess we will have to wait to see what they look like.
Posts: 209
Threads: 10
Joined: Sep 2018
A5BLASTER Wrote:Well never got the pics, so guess we will have to wait to see what they look like.
I just sent Matt a text. Will see what happens.
Posts: 209
Threads: 10
Joined: Sep 2018
Here is the text I just got from Matt.
206767 Wrote:Hey man, I've had a few people in the past week or two emailing asking for pictures as well. Everyone must be interested in how it will stack since everyone thought poly mags were a lost cause with 6.5 Grendel.
Only pics I have right now are the drawings which we won't release. However I did send some prototype mags off to get pics taken last week and should have them here in the next few days.
We are still a couple months out on production as we are fine tuning a few things right now
Posts: 1,624
Threads: 58
Joined: Jan 2018
Update: No response from facebook or email on my gracious offer...
Posts: 209
Threads: 10
Joined: Sep 2018
Popeye212 Wrote:Update: No response from facebook or email on my gracious offer...
Lol. Matt told me they are still doing some tweaking. As soon as they get the first batch of finished ones they are supposed to send me a couple and I can send them around for people to try. They give me quite a few loaner mags usually that I can loan out at matches.
Posts: 176
Threads: 4
Joined: Mar 2015
Dead Center Miss Wrote:Lol. Matt told me they are still doing some tweaking. As soon as they get the first batch of finished ones they are supposed to send me a couple and I can send them around for people to try. They give me quite a few loaner mags usually that I can loan out at matches.
I wonder how well the will work with the Ruger 6.5Grendel since it uses AR style mags. I would love to test one in it
Posts: 1,624
Threads: 58
Joined: Jan 2018
Dead Center Miss Wrote:Lol. Matt told me they are still doing some tweaking. As soon as they get the first batch of finished ones they are supposed to send me a couple and I can send them around for people to try. They give me quite a few loaner mags usually that I can loan out at matches.
I really didn't expect them to do it but would have liked a response. No worries
Posts: 209
Threads: 10
Joined: Sep 2018
Popeye212 Wrote:I really didn't expect them to do it but would have liked a response. No worries
They get pretty busy. I've waited 2 weeks before for a text back texting the owner and manager before.
Posts: 6,193
Threads: 170
Joined: Mar 2015
Posts: 6,193
Threads: 170
Joined: Mar 2015
There you go gents very first pics seen by anyone of the very first polymer 6.5 grendel mag.
Posts: 247
Threads: 36
Joined: Sep 2018
These would be better if they allow for a little longer Bullet, but I love polymer mags they don’t scratch up the brass.
Posts: 6,193
Threads: 170
Joined: Mar 2015
09-27-2018, 12:45 AM
(This post was last modified: 09-27-2018, 01:11 AM by A5BLASTER.)
Swampfox Wrote:These would be better if they allow for a little longer Bullet, but I love polymer mags they don’t scratch up the brass.
They will do 2.260 like every other grendel mag except cpd.
Cpd will let you go out too 2.300 and a bit longer if you window it.
I'm still happy to see a polymer grendel mag coming to market, since every other polymer mag producing company sad it was impossible to do.
I will get a few to use mostly because like you said they don't scratch up the brass and bullet and they will work fine with my trex reloads, any other bullet I will use my cpd mags.