Posts: 9
Threads: 0
Joined: Nov 2017
mrab88 Wrote:Wow. That is an amazing spreadsheet. Thanks for sharing. And just to be clear, I'm looking for 6.5 - 7 lbs without optics. I think both the AA Hunter and the JP rifle fit the bill.
Ok, I was thinking under 7 lbs with a scope. As long as the barrel is not 2 lbs+ then it shouldn't be too hard to get it down to weight.
Building will also save on cost, but if your looking at JP then I don't think cost is concern. I vote on the JP, all their stuff is great.
Posts: 44
Threads: 14
Joined: Dec 2016
The AA Inversion is 5.9 lbs with 16"barrel and accurate at $1100 from a reputable manufacturer.
Posts: 549
Threads: 41
Joined: Jan 2014
Skeltonized Upper and right to bear arms lightweight bcg , collapsable stock kit and maybe Ballostic Advantages new 18” fluted barrel ....
That’s got to be near your goal
I know mine is light - I have all the above minus the BA barrel
Posts: 23
Threads: 9
Joined: Feb 2015
You can look at Smoke Composits for a carbon buttstock & handguard. Cut almost 1# off my Grendel build.