Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Rifle length Gas system on a carbine buffer/spring.
#1
I just put a 20" Aero upper on a Aero lower with a carbine stock. Is this going to function properly?
Reply
#2
For the most part, the recoil system is independent of the gas system. It'll function. After shooting, you might find that you want to tune the recoil system a little, but that's when the heavier carbine buffers would come in to play (H1, H2, H3).
Reply
#3
98Z Wrote:For the most part, the recoil system is independent of the gas system. It'll function. After shooting, you might find that you want to tune the recoil system a little, but that's when the heavier carbine buffers would come in to play (H1, H2, H3).

Thanks, 98. Once I get it running, I'll post a range report.
Reply
#4
I used standard and heavy carbine buffers when my Grendel has ACS, ACS-L, STR and UBR. Both worked with a rifle length gas system just fine. I switched to a rifle buffer with a PRS, but have switched to a JP Silent Capture Spring in an XLR stock. It is standard weight on the buffer and is smooth and quiet. Difference in recoil was minimal because there's not much to begin with.
Every cloud has a silver lining (except for the mushroom shaped onesÂ… which have a lining of Iridium and Strontium 90)
Reply
#5
All my builds use CAR buffers/springs and they function 100%. From CLGS 12.5" Grendel and 10.3" 5.56 to MLGS 14.75" and 16" 5.56 to RLGS 20" Wyldes and 20"/24" Grendels. Most with fixed gas blocks, some with AGBs, never have had an issue, they all go bang when I jerk the trigger. Lowers have been everthing from PSA completes, to stripped Anderson or AP with a dog's breakfast of LPKs and stocks... Probably due to amazing ignorance, physics makes my brain hurt, pretty sure I still don't know what I don't know, IMHO.
Reply
#6
Some go with adjustable gas blocks, mines always had a fixed with no issue. Only rifle that's needed adjustability thus far has been the 6.5 Creedmoor.
Every cloud has a silver lining (except for the mushroom shaped onesÂ… which have a lining of Iridium and Strontium 90)
Reply
#7
Thanks, guys. Got to the range last weekend and sent 20 rounds down range...no malfunctions.
Reply
#8
Right on.
Reply
#9
It will probably function just fine, but anytime I put a RLGS on a carbine length buffer system, I prefer an H2 or H3 buffer
Member since 2011, data lost in last hack attack
Reply
#10
Yep ^^^, I just went through this on mine. 18" RLGS, so I went with the VLTOR A5 setup, their H1 buffer. It's almost the weight of a carbine H2 buffer. Functions great.
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)