found site when looking for 6.5 grendel.after the Holiday's what to start my AR build.would like to build 2 uppers 5.56 NATO so the wife can shoot and home defense, and a 6.5 for long range. hoping to get alot of good information. shot m-16 in the air force.
welcome from another ohioan!
Posts: 3,888
Threads: 211
Joined: Feb 2011
Welcome, Z1957! With the right load, 6.5 Grendel ain't gonna have that much recoil over 5.56N. Unless you just like 5.56N for wider ammo selection and SHTF scenarios.
What I'm saying is, don't get boxed into the thinking that 65G is long-range only. It also excels up close, as well. It's versatility from CQB to air-strike distance is its beauty and its genius!
John
Welcome! I learn more everyday about my grendel. Hope you do too.
MLM
thanks for the welcome. already learned something i can get by with just the 6.5 saves some money on another upper thanks again
Posts: 2,075
Threads: 35
Joined: Mar 2011
Howdy was looking for any Buckeyes in the forum. I finally got my Grendel up and running kind of late. Only got to put 17 rds through. RR lower, crap can't think of barrel, Luopold scope, Magpul stock, 20 inch barrel. I bought several boxes of Hornady and Wolf will work on accuracy in spring. Ron
Grendel-Gene
Unregistered
Welcome. I also have a Quick Barrel Change system, the MGI, which takes about 30 seconds, but I still like leaving my 5.56 uppers dedicated and use the take-down system for convenience of cleaning, storing, maintaining, and experimenting with different barrels or calibers.
I knew you could swap-out uppers but this is the first I've seen about a barrel swap, that's sweet. This is very timely, I'm considering a 5.56 upper. Time for a little research.