Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Faxon 20" Heavy or Brownells (Satern) 18"/24"?
#1
I'm debating b/w a Faxon 20" heavy barrel 5r barrel and the Brownells 18" or 24" barrel. (I have a giftcard, so choices are confined to Brownells). Does anyone have experience w/ either or both? This will be a "do-all" rifle i.e. I have a range out to 800 I would like to ring steel with and 1x or 2x a year it may go out antelope/deer, coyote hunting. I would be very happy w/ a .75 MOA rifle, but I need it to be MOA at least. Im not looking for a featherweight rifle, but handy would be nice.

Thanks for any insight
Reply
#2
no experience wit either
but i think faxon has the better reputation of the 2
Reply
#3
I bought the Faxon 20" "heavy" (only 1.98#!) barrel... First 5 shots were 1" at 100yds with ELD-M and the rifle is the same weight as my 16" fluted Lilja... I would definitely recommend it...
Reply
#4
I bought a 16” Faxon group buy barrel. I’ve been around three 18” Brownell's and I’d buy the Faxon.
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)