Posts: 1
Threads: 1
Joined: Mar 2017
Any opinions on the Core 15 barrels?
https://core15rifles.com/core15-6.5-gren...clone.html Are they GTG?
I have been thinking about a Grendel build for quite some time, but have been stalled at the "paralysis by analysis stage". Any opinions would be appreciated.
Posts: 678
Threads: 7
Joined: Apr 2017
Unless Core confirms, their description is severely lacking in the details pertaining to if it is a saami spec chamber and description of their bolt whether or not it is has a .136 face depth. So on that note I would likely take a pass.
Posts: 6,206
Threads: 50
Joined: Mar 2011
08-19-2017, 07:11 PM
(This post was last modified: 08-19-2017, 08:33 PM by VASCAR2.)
I sent an email to Core a few months ago with a reuest for information on the chamber and bolt for their 6.5 Grendel. I never got an email response. According to SAAMI if the barrel is marked 6.5 Grendel it should use a SAAMI spec chamber. Hense the other chambers on the market being marked different like Grendel II, 264 LBC, Anderson Grendel 1 or 6.5 Sporter.
I think I've only read one review on the Core 6.5 Grendel, so not a very common barrel on this forum.