Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Bartlein barrel question
#1
20" ola/bartlein match barrel 1/8 twist medium-heavy contour, threaded 5/8-24, rifle length gass system.
My question is medium heavy contour. Is this more on the lines with a Bull barrel? I'm assuming this barrel is going to be heavy? Have just gotten into the AR platform. This friend of mine ordered two of these and he only needs one and is offering one to me. He's out of pocket for the next two weeks and just trying to get an idea about the barrel. .thanks
Reply
#2
Welcome aboard.

Medium heavy is not a bull profile. Bull profiles are typically in the ~.900"-1" diameter, whereas medium heavies are in the ~.800" region.

They are one of the most accurate barrels I've ever owned and shot.
NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com
Reply
#3
What is the "ola" ?
Knowing everthing isnt as important as knowing where to find it.

Mark Twain

http://www.65grendel.com/forum/showthrea...-Whitetail
Reply
#4
Hi.....or overall length? Depends I guess, lolo
Reply
#5
Wave.....or overall length? Depends I guess, lolo
Reply
#6
OK thanks guys I appreciate it. He told me he wouldn't have a problem getting rid of it as it's months to get one. I guess I could always have it cut down to 18 if it was too heavy. But will give it a shot at 20.
Reply
#7
Todd, I have a 20" bartlien .740 profile.

Buy it, you can't go wrong.

What is this ola?
Knowing everthing isnt as important as knowing where to find it.

Mark Twain

http://www.65grendel.com/forum/showthrea...-Whitetail
Reply
#8
rabiddawg Wrote:Todd, I have a 20" bartlien .740 profile.

Buy it, you can't go wrong.

What is this ola?

Maybe OAL for overall length?
Reply
#9
Yes thanks. I'm hearing from other people that this is a hell of a barrel.
6.5mm Barrel .256 x .264, 5R Rifling, 1-8.0 Twist, S.S. 1.050 Str. Cyl. x 22" Finish, 23" Blank
This is all I have. I couldn't tell you what OLA means
This is from my builder:
6.5mm Barrel .256 x .264, 5R Rifling, 1-8.0 Twist, S.S. 1.050 Str. Cyl. x 22" Finish, 23" Blank
20” SS (matte gray) OLA//Bartlein* match barrel, 1:8 twist, medium-heavy contour, threaded 5/8-24, rifle-length gas, 6.5 Grendel/ .264 LBC match chamber; flat-top forged upper w/ feedramp cuts; JP Rifles hard chromed 6.5 Grendel II bolt and extractor assembly
Reply
#10
It might be a good idea to confirm with the builder that the barrel chamber mates with/headspaces on a 0.136" face depth bolt - this is probably so but you don't want to have to assume anything with a fine build going forward. That's what "Grendel II" alludes to in the JPR bolt description.
Reply
#11
Medium-heavy I believe is similar to a Remington Varmint type contour. Maybe not the exact same depending on the manufacturer but close..

It's my favorite bolt gun profile.
Reply
#12
Thanks for the input guys.
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)