Wheeler Ar15 Lapping tool.
#1
I have a Radical Firearms 7.62x39 upper. When sighting it in I had to adjust the rear sight all the way right to get on target. I learned this was most likely the upper receiver being out of square. I knew the tool got mixed reviews.....

The one I received was not smooth or square on the surface that trues the receiver. I have a machine shop friend that is going to get it right for me(which was the plan from the beginning).

I decided to call wheelers parent company to see what they had to say about it. "We had a bad batch, what is your name and address??? Ok, a new ones no the way". Not bad customer service at all, we'll see if the new product is any better.

Thought yall might be interested in hearing the story. Oh yeah, this is grendel related because I plan to practice on the x39 then do the 6.5g if goes correctly.
Reply
#2
They do have mixed reviews. I bought one from Pacific tool. Hope it's better.
Reply
#3
I got the new one in the mail and they remembered to machine the edge that trues the receiver this time. I haven't had time to test fit in an upper, need to strip it down.
Reply
#4
Maybe you have a winner. Let us know.
Reply
#5
I have a machine shop which can produce them on his CNC turning center for 40 bucks. I had him build one for me and it is perfect!
Reply
#6
Texas Wrote:I have a machine shop which can produce them on his CNC turning center for 40 bucks. I had him build one for me and it is perfect!

Are you saying I could get one of these too?
Knowing everthing isnt as important as knowing where to find it.

Mark Twain

http://www.65grendel.com/forum/showthrea...-Whitetail
Reply
#7
Texas, I would like one too.
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)