Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Bear Creek Arsenal complete upper M4 profile 16 incher, 18 shots fired
#21
Looks like the last thread was lost in the outage so I'll post here. First my BCA barrels I just received are 5/8-24 and the gas port is .095" not .074" like it was stated. After closer inspection of the one barrel it looks like a pretty significant corner of one of the lands corners is ripped off in the tooling process it's near the throat like 1-2 inches past. It's about .01-.02" wide or so. Kinda hard to see but it's there. I just through it on upper real quick to see what my ALG V0 would look like and the fit was very poor IMO no friction what so ever! I thought I had measured it before but I (re) measured it and the barrel extension is .996" pulled out my second barrel I was going to keep and it is also .996" so hopefully the loctite works miracles... I'm still going to compare them to the faxons eventually. I'm sure I'll start my own thread at that point.
Reply
#22
I bought the BCA Barrel and side charging receiver from BCA and the barrel had a tight fit in the receiver.
I just assembled with teflon grease.

What do the barrel extensions on the Faxon group buy barrels measure?
Reply
#23
I didn't dink with the gas port but the extension of mine fits in my Anderson upper fairly snug. Not as tight as 7.62x39 Faxon, for a bit there I didn't know if those two would go together. But once in the BCA barrel takes some effort to get out of the upper.
Reply
#24
If you want a good buy, I sell BCA hardware. Grendel forum members get Grendel hardware at cost.
Reply
#25
The Profit Joseph Sith Wrote:Looks like the last thread was lost in the outage so I'll post here. First my BCA barrels I just received are 5/8-24 and the gas port is .095" not .074" like it was stated. After closer inspection of the one barrel it looks like a pretty significant corner of one of the lands corners is ripped off in the tooling process it's near the throat like 1-2 inches past. It's about .01-.02" wide or so. Kinda hard to see but it's there. I just through it on upper real quick to see what my ALG V0 would look like and the fit was very poor IMO no friction what so ever! I thought I had measured it before but I (re) measured it and the barrel extension is .996" pulled out my second barrel I was going to keep and it is also .996" so hopefully the loctite works miracles... I'm still going to compare them to the faxons eventually. I'm sure I'll start my own thread at that point.

Send it back, the barrel I ordered from BCA is a tight fit to my AR Stoner upper and is well made as far as a good visual inspection goes. I would not assemble an upper with a part that has imperfections.
Reply
#26
jcjarmon Wrote:If you want a good buy, I sell BCA hardware. Grendel forum members get Grendel hardware at cost.


Tell me more?
Reply
#27
I inquired to BCA about shooting steel cased ammo in their side charging upper and barrel...
Here is their response:
Hello,
We don't recommend steel case because it doesn't expand or contract as quickly as brass which leaves excess friction in the chamber and on the chamber walls.
Reply
#28
Troutguide Wrote:Tell me more?

me too. I am eyeballing the "BCA AR-15 BARREL: 16" CONTOUR BARREL, W/ 1:8 TWIST, 6.5 GRENDEL TYPE II, 4150 STEEL BLACK NITRIDE FINISH" and also "BCA BRANDED 16" 6.5 GRENDEL TYPE II AR-15 COMPLETE UPPER ASSEMBLY" (Black Nitrided)

Thanks!
Reply
#29
jcjarmon Wrote:If you want a good buy, I sell BCA hardware. Grendel forum members get Grendel hardware at cost.

Can you confirm the chamber? Was reading elsewhere that one guy did a cast and it had a parallel .300 chamber and not compound.
Reply
#30
Who makes the 6.5 Grendel barrels for BCA in their line of complete uppers?
Reply
#31
LWP Wrote:Who makes the 6.5 Grendel barrels for BCA in their line of complete uppers?


I believe they make the barrels
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)