Poll: worth it? yeah or nea?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
yea
37.50%
3 37.50%
nea
62.50%
5 62.50%
Total 8 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
DS Arms "Sand cut M16 style BCG" any advice? yea? nea?
#1
I need "a few" BCG's does anyone have any advice whether they think these will actually be benificial or detrimental?
[Image: 16061_4_.jpg]
https://dsarms.com/p-16061-dsa-ar15-m16-...group.aspx
Reply
#2
This might make help the BCG cycle or clear an obstruction but wouldn't this allow more foreign objects into the receiver? Larger amounts of whatever into the trigger group?
Reply
#3
Respectfully highly doubt it will cycle out debris and if it actually does, where does it go...I'd venture to guess it would be dropped right on top of the trigger group.
Reply
#4
Very interesting...I bet they stole the idea from the FAL's who (eventually) used sand cuts and found them to be a help in sandy environments.
Reply
#5
Info on FAL sand cuts: http://www.falfiles.com/forums/printthre...did=181988
Reply
#6
Nope waist of money, I would just shop around and find a sale going on for some anderson bcg's or order me some from PF,JP,AA hard to beat their quality per price point in the long run.
Reply
#7
I have a GemTech bolt carrier and it has what I think can be described as sand cuts (although I don't believe GemTech calls them that). The reduced carrier/upper bearing surface did definitely smooth up the hand cycling of that AR, but for precision work I really like something with as much bearing surface as possible to ensure the bolt carrier remains true in the receiver; to that end I like Young's Manufacturing bolt carrier.
Reply
#8
Looks like a USP for a wheel that isn't broken.

(USP; Unique Selling Proposition).
Reply
#9
Blazin Wrote:Very interesting...I bet they stole the idea from the FAL's who (eventually) used sand cuts and found them to be a help in sandy environments.

DSA is heavily into FAL's.. you might call them the erican forerunners if that platform
But I don't know touch about FAL's. Besides they are fun as heck to shoot!
Reply
#10
Blazin Wrote:I have a GemTech bolt carrier and it has what I think can be described as sand cuts (although I don't believe GemTech calls them that). The reduced carrier/upper bearing surface did definitely smooth up the hand cycling of that AR, but for precision work I really like something with as much bearing surface as possible to ensure the bolt carrier remains true in the receiver; to that end I like Young's Manufacturing bolt carrier.

Yeah, agreed!
Reply
#11
mateba Wrote:This might make help the BCG cycle or clear an obstruction but wouldn't this allow more foreign objects into the receiver? Larger amounts of whatever into the trigger group?

Or on top of the magazine/ammo.
Reply
#12
http://www.primaryarms.com/ZM485018509LWNTF-A

since PA has um on sale for $89 i think i'll try one.

sand cuts arn't gonna hurt the thing-- might help-- the main help is going to be the PTFE coating.
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)