Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Advice on new Adjustable Gas block
#1
I need to buy a new one. Money is not an option. Tell me what you would get.

About my upper, I have a AA built upper (2008) with the Satern (saami chamber) 18 inch deep fluted barrel. It as a MLGS in it. The gas port hole was known for being too large on that barrel. Its very light though and accurate as sin. I will shoot both suppressed and unsuppressed.
Reply
#2
Slr titanium

http://slrrifleworks.com/index.php?route...57_125_169
Reply
#3
JP split yoke, easyer to get proper lined up and don't have to take off muzzle devices to beable to remove the gas block.
Reply
#4
I tried the JP split yoke but it won't clear a 1.3" inside diameter handguard. Fortunately my LGS that I ordered it through returned it no problem and put on a Syrac (or Superlative Arms or whoever they are now) which was cheaper anyway.
Reply
#5
Bruw Wrote:I tried the JP split yoke but it won't clear a 1.3" inside diameter handguard. Fortunately my LGS that I ordered it through returned it no problem and put on a Syrac (or Superlative Arms or whoever they are now) which was cheaper anyway.

My upper is a mega monolithic and the gas block is exposed, so that's not an issue for me.
Reply
#6
SLR gets my vote.
Reply
#7
I would choose one that restricts gas from the gas tube and back down the barrel. There are some that bleed gas out the block. There both have their benefits. Please take this with a grain of salt. I am basing my opinion on videos and personal accounts I've read. I do not have any personal experience with this. The restrictive gas blocks take less energy from the barrel and net higher velocity. Bleed off systems net no velocity gains and are similar performance as standard gas blocks but appear to be quieter when suppressed. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=UwHA9pvkgYA This is a great video possibly demonstrating that.

That TI SLR is only 1oz. That's pretty cool.
Reply
#8
SLR Titanium, clamp-on.
Reply
#9
Klem Wrote:SLR Titanium, clamp-on.

I ordered the SLR titanium, clamp-on this morning. Hope to be shooting it next week. Thanks for all the advise from everyone.
Reply
#10
Gas block finally came in today due a few issues with the vendor on their stock. Hoping to mount it today and see how it functions tomorrow!
Reply
#11
I say SLR clamp on as well.
Reply
#12
DEFINITELY the Micro MOA Govnah 3-port. Three different gas holes you can drill to the perfect size for your setup and switch between on the fly. I have no personal experience with them but I've always wanted one for my rifles that I shoot suppressed & unsuppressed.

This article sold me on them. I'm afraid if I buy one I'll end up getting six more:
http://www.recoilweb.com/micromoas-govna...38489.html

I have the Syrac which I believe is similar design to many of those suggested, but the thing nearly seizes up after only 50-100 rounds through my 300blk. Once you get it set it's not that big of a deal- the rifle will still function fine but I really like the idea of being able to quickly switch between the different sizes for suppressed/unsuppressed/adverse (weak ammo/dirty gun) like on the Govnah. Also, since money is no factor I think the Govnah is the way to go. And I'll be jealous if you get one.
Reply
#13
Chrazy-Chris Wrote:I have the Syrac which I believe is similar design to many of those suggested, but the thing nearly seizes up after only 50-100 rounds through my 300blk. .

Have you considered using a non-adjustable for your Blackout?
Reply
#14
Klem Wrote:Have you considered using a non-adjustable for your Blackout?

It's pretty non-adjustable at the moment Wink

Are you talking about using a standard gas block? Or some other type of non-adjustable user customizable block? If so, can you post a link? I have thought about swapping it with the standard gas block on my Grendel so that I can use the Syrac on my Grendel, but I don't know that it's really needed since I have a rifle length gas system on the Grendel. I pretty much just see the adjustable blocks as a nice-to-have. If I had the funds I'd have them on all my rifles because they're fun to tune and it's nice knowing that your rifle is operating on just the right amount of gas but I get by just fine without them.
Reply
#15
No, nothing exotic, just a normal non-adjustable block. The BLK calibre is 'under gassed' as an auto calibre. Subsonics barely move the BCG unless there's a suppressor to contain a bit more pressure for reliable cycling. Supersonics spit the cases out to the side so no need to tame the gas there either. With the larger bore volume of 30cal the pressure drops rapidly so by the time it reaches the gas port, even if only at pistol length it doesn't need taming. Nor do you need a heavy buffer, a standard MILSPEC will do.

In your shoes I would save the expensive adjustable block for your Grendel.
Reply
#16
+1, my understanding is 300 blk was designed to function suppressed and unsupressed without changes to the gas system.
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)