Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
PF 20" grendel barrel arrived, built and now banging!
#1
Time from delivery to complete upper build 45 minutes...
[Image: ZF9ABJM.jpg]
Details:
Mega billlet upper
Samson 15" Forearm
Sentry 7 gas block

Took me a week to get to the range, lol. After 70 rounds fired getting some velocity readings and some pleminary load work up done, I shot the last five of the day below.
[Image: rTExgsE.jpg]

I'd say she shoots... and with the same load my JP favors Wink 26.8 Ar-Comp and 123 A-Max
Reply
#2
Yep, looks like it's dialed... Nice rig!!!
Reply
#3
Very nice! Which barrel is that and is that one of his brakes?

It's odd that 26.8 gr of ARComp seems to be in middle of a scatter node for me.
Reply
#4
Its PF's 720 Bartlein 20", medium Hbar. The brake is a 308 brake from JP that I had been using on mu 18" JP barrel until I find a suitable replacement.
Reply
#5
Wow, looks great!
Reply
#6
Congrats. I'm sure the wait was difficult, but she's a shooter! Course, good glass helps. Is that a SS 5-20 HD? How do you like it? I have one on backorder from SWFA.
Paul Peloquin

Did government credibility die of Covid or with Covid?
Reply
#7
biodsl Wrote:Is that a SS 5-20 HD? How do you like it? I have one on backorder from SWFA.

Yes it is, a great scope IMO. I bought two back when they were first released to the market and both have been trouble free.
I made this review after getting a few years back.
http://highcountryshooters.com/forum/ubb...b=showflat
Reply
#8
Niles
What kind of velocity are you getting from 26.8 ARC and Amax? Am giving ARC a try in a newer Lilja AR319 barrel and will shoot 27.8 with RP 7 1/2 today with 123 Nosler CC, 120 Scenar, 123 Amax and 120 Sierra soft point. You've got a very accurate load, but seems well below ceiling I've seen other post. Thx.
Reply
#9
Bobke Wrote:Niles
What kind of velocity are you getting from 26.8 ARC and Amax? Am giving ARC a try in a newer Lilja AR319 barrel and will shoot 27.8 with RP 7 1/2 today with 123 Nosler CC, 120 Scenar, 123 Amax and 120 Sierra soft point. You've got a very accurate load, but seems well below ceiling I've seen other post. Thx.

It is a bit slower, 2460ish with 123 ELD's and about 15fps faster with 123 Lapua scenars. I'm exploring heavier loads now.
Reply
#10
A given barrel length will vibrate a whole lot differently if one hangs different weight and length do dads at the end, flash hiders, compensators, magneto speeds etc. and thus different powder charges will be more accurate in one rifle than they are in another.
Queen of Battle
Follow Me

Life NRA, DAV ,VFW, SASS
Reply
#11
Congratulations, you have a shooter. You have your barrel installed correctly I would say, lol. It always makes it worth the wait.
Reply
#12
How long did it take to receive your barrel after you placed your order?
Reply
#13
potshot308 Wrote:How long did it take to receive your barrel after you placed your order?

20-21 weeks, placed my order at the beginning of sept 2016
Reply
#14
Good luck even placing an order. I emailed exactly what I wanted to Judy Hostetter at precision firearms on May 14th. Never got a response. I was actually trying to spend over 2 grand on a 6.5 grendel sbr but that wasn't worth a reply.
Reply
#15
I've been waiting on an upper since the first week of Jan 2017. 10 week lead time then.
Sticks

Catchy sig line here.
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)